Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Rise from the dead, old thread... ;)

So i am late to the party...lol.
@Iconic_ would the OME ride better with more weight in the back ?

Seems OP isn't on here anymore, from his chart the Procomp 926514 would be a better choice than the 926510s with same results ?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Rise from the dead, old thread... ;)

So i am late to the party...lol.
@Iconic_ would the OME ride better with more weight in the back ?

Seems OP isn't on here anymore, from his chart the Procomp 926514 would be a better choice than the 926510s with same results ?
Less than 6 months ain't old! :lol:

Yeah either procomp shock will work. One will give you more droop than MT LT, and the other a little less.

The 60071L's still do not ride that great with alot of weight either, at least not compared to what your used to with MT LT 2.5" shock. I have +50 lbs rear bumper, fridge, cargo basket full, 20 lb tool box, plywood base, arb dual compressor, sound deadening, and roof rack full of stuff towards the rear (about 250 lbs in all) and the ride is still not great. It is serviceable but not as good as the front is. (My brother makes a comment about the rear shocks every time he rides with me.)

Are you considering shocks as a replacement for your LT Icons or for temporary use while the Icons get rebuilt? The good thing I can say about the 60071L's is they are strong and well built compared to the procomps which have been reported to not last very long at all. At over double the cost I would not buy the relatively pricey OME's over the procomps for a temporary shock. They're just not that good. Just my $.02.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,762 Posts
Less than 6 months ain't old! :lol:

Yeah either procomp shock will work. One will give you more droop than MT LT, and the other a little less.

The 60071L's still do not ride that great with alot of weight either, at least not compared to what your used to with MT LT 2.5" shock. I have +50 lbs rear bumper, fridge, cargo basket full, 20 lb tool box, plywood base, arb dual compressor, sound deadening, and roof rack full of stuff towards the rear (about 250 lbs in all) and the ride is still not great. It is serviceable but not as good as the front is. (My brother makes a comment about the rear shocks every time he rides with me.)

Are you considering shocks as a replacement for your LT Icons or for temporary use while the Icons get rebuilt? The good thing I can say about the 60071L's is they are strong and well built compared to the procomps which have been reported to not last very long at all. At over double the cost I would not buy the relatively pricey OME's over the procomps for a temporary shock. They're just not that good. Just my $.02.
I like your reasoning and may go the Procomp route for my spares. Don’t need it now, but eventually will get my Radflo LT 2.5s rebuilt - and add resis. The whole process including shipping will take over a month. Think the Procomps will last that long?? >:D

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I agree with most of what @Iconic_ says in regards to OME. Although I like the firm ride. One thing that I’ll ad and I do believe it applies to the original question. I would not trust procomp on the trail... at all. There is no way I’d run them on Blues or Blacks at Rausch or AAOA and feel confident that they wouldn’t fail under the stress of most of the runs with harder obstacles. I would spend a little more money and get the OME personally. They won’t be as comfortable as what you are used to in the Radflos but they are not going to let you down 8-10 hrs from home either.
If I were just running around doing DD stuff while waiting on a set to be rebuilt it would be one thing. But having a spare set that will perform on the trail and get you home safely is another.

Again, not trying to discredit anything said, just giving my perspective.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
@Iconic_ Was looking more to replace them, i don't like being taking hostage by manufacturers that don't keep inventory, since these Icons lasted about 3 years , and that's with taking them out from Octobre to April...

I did run them hard though, we do what would be considered Black trails up here, heavy rocky wooded trails.

I have a temporary solution, my old setup is with OMEs 60004s that's what i usually swap out the Icons for, i will put them back on to have the Icons rebuilt, i finally found a place that will do it, not easy up here, no one wants to touch 4x4 stuff. Just didn't want to have them on at my event with the MT LT setup, i don't think the OMEs would survive.

Thanks for the great input everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
321 - 330 of 330 Posts