Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished with a awesome weekend wheeling at Superlift in Hot Springs Arkansas.

Day 1
Park hours are from 9-sun set; however, from what the office said, their gates are usually open early so we got there around 8:15ish. Dave (flh91) and I decided to make a quick run over in section B while Jeff (Vermiform) registered. So we drove B2, B13 on to B14.

About that time Jeff was ready so we meet him on the access road at F2.

After meeting up, it was time to hit another trail. I will have to do an edit, because I can't remember which one we hit, but here are the pics:

At this point we decided to go across the street. No pictures there, but have to make the comment that that side is less kept up. Figuring out where you were was difficult at times. We started J18 but ended up hoping out of the park just before J16 for lunch and to take a break. Saw this sign which was funny to us.

More writeup to follow!

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After lunch, we decided to do F19, Snake, which turned out to be a really enjoyed ride. First half was more like a 1 diamond with little on it. The second half was a little more challenging with a few steep inclines. At the end, there was a spot that just drops off but it was easy to go to the side.

This picture was taken the second day by AJ (AJONESER).

After several hours of building our confidence on 2 diamonds, we decided to give a three a try so hit G14, Buckhorn. No pics, but this was a really fun trail. Here is where Dave scrapped his rims navigating around a large rock.

On to A24 with the goal of doing A25.

Had a nice size puddle in the road, but you had to watch it cause the more left you go the deeper it got.

Now on to A25, which turned out to be exhilarating for a novice playing on 3 diamonds. You have two options on going up the hill. The first we agreed was a HELL no. (another pic by AJ)

Very steep and stepped which none of us were comfortable in taking on, so we took option B to the left.

Here are the wives trying to climb out. :rofl:

That wasn't the end of this thrill ride though! The way out had a decent that was nothing shy of an adrenaline rush. Plus understand this picture does NOT do justice to this trail. My inclimometer was way past 30 degrees and at least 40. Stuff on my seats slide off.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think you'd be very surprised what you could do there.

Me, Faredo and Hornsfan went last summer.

We did all the level 3 trails and I even did part of a level 4.
It was lots of fun with a lot of 2 wheel teetering going on.
A little bit of pucker for sure.
Also, I started the day with regular nerf bars and ripped them off on the very first trail.

I know that exact hill in the last pic. It's kinda hairy going down it.

Anyway, here are a few pics from our outing.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...3-our-fjcs-crawling-hot-springs-ton-pics.html

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day 2

My goal on day 2 was just to show AJ around doing a few 1's and 2's. Talking to the office guys, they told us AJ, who at this point has stock suspension and no skids, could easily do this brand new trail they cut the day before. so we decided to try. Mistake! The trail was so new, the stubs from the cut trees were still on the trail. We had to cut a lot of stuff out of the way and I learned the hard way with my brand new 2011, only had 2.5 month, FJ to walk the trail.

Hope it buffs out! :cowfrown: Scrap is from one end to the other.

Here are the stubs which I was concerned about AJ's hwy tires being chewed up on.

At least we had boys to help clear the trail. :rocker:

This trail ended into G6 which the map list as a 3 diamond. I was upset because I was afraid of hurting something on AJ's truck.

Luckily, we were able to get off this trail with no problems nor damage.

It's amazing at what a stock FJ can do!!!!!:rocker::clap:

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Letting Dave lead was great for me! :lol: Seeing him do it gave me the confidence that I could do it.

Awesome pics on that link!!!

I told AJ that I would like to plan another Superlift trip near the end of summer if y'all would be interested.
I'm always interested if I'm home since I live like an hour north of Hot Springs. I travel the US for my company and my schedule is fluid. But if I'm in town I'm game.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Dang.... those are some nice pics:rocker:...I have to get up there....wish we could have gone:mecry:....Thanks Dude and O.guy for posting:clap:....I will be going to SuperLift this year, with Opie on my trailer hitch!!!!!:rofl: Thanks for sharing.:cheers:
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
"It's amazing at what a stock FJ can do!!!!!":clap:

I agree Paul! Now I know what a bone stock FJ can do if necessary! What a confidence builder. Had a great time out there and will definently go back.

Got to get the lift soon, so I dont have to worry about those boulders, LOL!

Sorry I didn't get to meet Dave and see Jeff again. We'll get together soon.

Post away with the picks. Great write up!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Here's a few pics of some of the trails.

Here is where the newly cut trail we took Sunday F50 comes out where the Jeep is. We went up to the access road. Believe me those rocks are huge.

Here is another view of the new trail.

This is where the new trail came out. If you remember the Jeep coming out on the photo above this is it. We went up and they went down.

View looking back down what we just came up!

My nephew Logan loves to wheel! He says the FJ feels like a Tank!

Wow what fun! Perfect weather! Felt like we were going on a expedition.
Ok Paul its your turn!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Paul,
Thanks for posting the pics from last weekend. It was the best weekend we've had in a long time and the first time out in the FJ. Man it was great. These rigs will go anywhere, Heeps have nothing over the FJ's! I know we could have done a couple of those more challenging climbs but with the new rigs I was pretty happy getting ouot of there with minimal damage. Man it was fun. All I could do Monday was look at all the pictures. Thanks again for the invite, and Jeff it was great meeting you as well. AJ, you would have had a blast Sat as well!.
Dave
P.S.: Some of that wheel rub I had was from part of my inner wheel well plastic falling in, I need some of those new "keeper plugs" you push in and they hold it in place.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice trail report.

What kind of front bumper is on the silver FJ ?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Thanks for sharing all them wonderful pictures! Beautiful country there, been all over the east coast but that place is now on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Paul,
All I could do Monday was look at all the pictures.
I'm still looking at them! Saturday was awesome!!!!!! :rocker::clap: Those 3's were amazing! I'm missing my bumper and winch right now. LOL I think we could have done that hill too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My "Sexy Silver FJ" has an Expedition One bumper with Richochet armour on the bottom....
Dave
Looks good. I like the single hoop design.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts