Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent a bunch of time researching the right suspension for me. I decided that one of the reasons that I wanted to attend the Summit was to talk to some of the vendors and get their opinions and decide from there. I came to the conclusion that my decision was clear as mud. I did decide to go with the SAW setup from Metal Tech. Mark and L.T. are awesome guys and they support events like the Summit.

I just wanted to say that when you buy stuff for your FJ you should support the companies that support our sport in a real way. The companies that show up at the Summit and other events spend quite a bit of money to do so. They make themselves readily available to answer questions either on the phone or in person which is a big help. I picked up a few of the magazines at the Summit and notice that some of the sponsors seem to show up over and over. Metal Tech, All Pro, TRDParts4u, BudBuilt, Icon, and Toytec are just a few that I have had personal contact with that really impress me. The knowledge that they provide and the quality of products they sell is amazing. What really amazes me is that when you call you can get someone on the phone with direct product knowledge, not an order taker. On top of that most of the companies push American made products. I know that sounds funny coming from someone that loves his Japanese made FJ but when companies knock off products and have them made in China it creates problems all the way down the line. Some of the time quality costs a bit more but it is worth it in the long run.

Support your FJ community sponsors.

Now I will get down off my soapbox!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Amen to that. It is very cool to go to an event like the Summit and meet the actual people from the companies we get all this stuff from. Sharing the stories and experiences with the FJ to the people who manufacture the aftermarket helps shape the products we get in some small way, as well!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I've been supporting all the people that have been giving Military discounts and will continue to do so when I'm out next year.

There have only been a few companies that don't.... If you see your parts on my truck and no sticker you'll know why :).

BudBuilt and Metaltech... You're on there. Hmm need a 4 Wheel Parts sticker. As I aquire more ther will probably be a few companies I put on there for other reasons that will be coming off.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot mention Domello. They and others mentioned above donate items to the Summit as well as other events. If companies dont support and attend events that we enjoy then my choice is not to support them. Most of the companies are small family run entities that rely on us. Simply ask what events the company you purchase items from sponsors and attends and make your desicion from there.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
X3, definitely need to support these great vendors!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
428 Posts
All-Pro is another good company that supports us. For Rubithon 2008, they donated a bumper for a FJC. Even if I spend a few bucks more, I don't mind supporting those companies that support us. I like being on trips and getting to talk to the owners/workers of the companies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts