Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
came with double sided tape, but the balasts do allow you to screw them in. thats what i did...the quality of the kit seems good..i mean, i havent had any problems. bouncing around, no cutting on/off..no issues with water or weather..all and all, id reccomend them. but ill get your pics in the am...
Did u get around to taking the pics? Thx! :wave:

- Jimmy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I bought projectors from focuztech (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...enon-hid-projector-headlamps-conversions.html) I would like to know if you offer 55 watts Xenon bulbs and 55 watts ballasts for those projectors. I guess the bulb size is H3, not sure though.

Yes we have H3 kits as well w 55W ballasts and 55W bulbs. Call us at 714 632 1951 to order. If u arent sure that its H3, can you pull out the halogen bulb and check it out? If u would like to take a pic of the bulb for us to identify it you can and email it directly to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yes we have H3 kits as well w 55W ballasts and 55W bulbs. Call us at 714 632 1951 to order. If u arent sure that its H3, can you pull out the halogen bulb and check it out? If u would like to take a pic of the bulb for us to identify it you can and email it directly to me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Thanks Eric, I will let you know once I check the bulbs. Do I have to change the harness as well for the 55w ballasts and bulbs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
hid balaces
Sorry, last 2 questions:

1) Cant really tell (looking at your pics on my iPhone) but it looks like u didn't re-use da oem rubber seal/gasket right behind da HID bulb. Can u confirm this? Is this due to possibly overheating da HID bulb w/da oem rubber seal/gasket in place?

2) Where & how did u mount da HID ignitor (black rectangular box, not da ballast) on each side?

Thx again for all your help! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sorry, last 2 questions:

1) Cant really tell (looking at your pics on my iPhone) but it looks like u didn't re-use da oem rubber seal/gasket right behind da HID bulb. Can u confirm this? Is this due to possibly overheating da HID bulb w/da oem rubber seal/gasket in place?

2) Where & how did u mount da HID ignitor (black rectangular box, not da ballast) on each side?

Thx again for all your help! :cheers:
:wave:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
J-Rock!: The factory rubber cover fits snugly over the hid bulb so u dont use the extra one that is provided with the kit

The wires for the ballast are long so you can mount in a variety of places. We do recommend securely mounting the ballast with screws or with zip ties. I dont recommend using only double sided tape since it wont be secure.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts