Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!

-Need to get that musty/dusty smell from the interior of your FJ?
-Want OEM fitment, but not the OEM prices?

We got them here @ Supreme Power- OEM Replacment Interior Cabin Filters!

$14.99

INTERIOR CABIN FILTER HERE~

NO GROUP BUY HERE- SUPREMEPOWER bringing the savings to your keyboards!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Do they have a mouse repellent sprayed on them? Seriously! I just pulled a whole litter of dead baby mice out of mine a few hours ago. Nasty, nasty smell. What's to stop them from coming back?

DEWFPO

·
Banned
752 Posts
WTF, how'd that happen?

Do they have a mouse repellent sprayed on them? Seriously! I just pulled a whole litter of dead baby mice out of mine a few hours ago. Nasty, nasty smell. What's to stop them from coming back?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

DEWFPO
wow,:rawr: don't think so! I'd just replace with a new one so it doesnt smell like a mouse home? I replace mine at every oil change- or every 7,000-10,000 miles (depending on wheeling time offroad) Unfortunately, they probably thought that was a good nesting spot- I've seen worse online...

Guess this car was parked for months, and the guy was going to jump start the battery...found a possom family living in his engine bay!

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
WTF, how'd that happen?
I wish I knew how they got in there. I don't want it to happen again. I pulled the filter because the air coming out of the vents was beginning to smell so foul and above the filter was about 1.5 inches of intertwined white/red & gray string material (dashboard insulation???) with the dead mice in it that of course fell into the fan when I was pulling all that 'stuff out'.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoa, definate time to change that filter! Did the smell disipate/disappear? i'll take care of ya if you need some new interior filters!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hube, may come by and pick up one of them filters this Friday. I have never changed mine LOL! Oh and I have your laptop cooling fan. I have had it since Gormon.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Whoa, definate time to change that filter! Did the smell disipate/disappear? i'll take care of ya if you need some new interior filters!
As soon as I pulled all the dead critters and their nest out the smell went away. I pulled the blower fan to get the debris out. So far so good.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hube, may come by and pick up one of them filters this Friday. I have never changed mine LOL! Oh and I have your laptop cooling fan. I have had it since Gormon.
I have some in stock- i'll put one away for you. thanks on the fan!!

As soon as I pulled all the dead critters and their nest out the smell went away. I pulled the blower fan to get the debris out. So far so good.

DEWFPO
Sounds good DEWFPO-

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Just went to the Stealership last wknd and paid $29.99 + tax :mecry:

Has anybody put any thought into producing a cabin filter that can be washed and re used again and again? The flimsy OEM is so thin and cheap there should be another option.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be nice to have a wash and re-use...sort of like the K&N filters, just wondering about dry time, or other...Until then thats why we provide the OEM cabin filters at 1/2 the cost! :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts