Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage. Not necessarily a "Survival Knife", but it would do in a pinch. I don't live in the bush, so my survival knife is more suited for the urban environment. Looking to pick up a good fixed blade for the outdoors though.

photo_1 (3).jpg

photo_1 (4).jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just got my ESEE 6 last week and figured I would post up a picture of it a couple of my folders: Spyderco Manix 2 (EDC) and a Spyderco Civilian (back up for defense)

The ESEE 6 is great so far; hard to find a well balanced knife (blade/handle) that is comfortable in a larger hand but this one is. Seems like it will be up to whatever I throw at it in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Just got my ESEE 6 last week and figured I would post up a picture of it a couple of my folders: Spyderco Manix 2 (EDC) and a Spyderco Civilian (back up for defense)

The ESEE 6 is great so far; hard to find a well balanced knife (blade/handle) that is comfortable in a larger hand but this one is. Seems like it will be up to whatever I throw at it in the future.
That is sweet... Gonna add one to the FJ storage box soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That is sweet... Gonna add one to the FJ storage box soon.
I'm sure you will like it, the 6 is an excellent all purpose knife I would have zero reservations relying on it in a survival situation.

Added an ESEE 3mil cp because I liked the 6 so much. Great for EDC, utility and defense especially with the clip point. The 3 handles better than any trainer I ever used too, very confidence inspiring. Going to test them out this weekend and see how they do with camp/fire chores.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I see all these expencive knifes and all I can think of is for a survival knife is any sharp blade will work.....hell you could sharpen the side of a butter knife and that would help you survive. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
A lot of what you need or want will depend on terrain and environment. After 5 years of drooling I finally purchased a Busse Battle Mistress. I am in a heavily wooded environment and wanted something that could chop saplings with ease and also gut a deer if needed. Mine is an ax and knife balance. I also have a smaller folding knife that I edc regardless of what I am doing that would handle any small work needed like cleaning squirrel and rabbit.

Attachments

381 - 400 of 404 Posts