Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was (my fj) rear ended a few days ago in an intersection, thoughts raced through my mind at time of impact most ill keep to my self, but disgust was a big feeling, getting out not wanting to see my fj after a realitively hard impact I was shocked and had to rethink what had just happened, nothing, not a scratch.
the car squarely impacted the receiver hitch not even touching the spare tire how? not a clue I searched for signs of damage but the car clearly did not reach any body parts. My concern is could their be any unforseen frame damage? Clearly the fj is built solid, and the driveability or ride doesn't seem to have been affected. I just keep thinking what is going to show up, or could I really be that lucky. (ONE TOUGH RIDE)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:lol:

HOly hell my worst fear...and even more so now the summit is near..glad your alright and the rig held up!

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you have the other guy's insurance/etc. info and filed an accident report, I'd take your FJ in for inspection. You don't want any hidden damage to make your FJ vulnerable to damage from a future minor incident. Even backing up into something lightly, if you have hidden damage. Also, verify your sonar is working OK (if you have it). Inspection cost, if any, should be able to be passed on to the guilty party's insurance.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Tim what kind of vehicle and how fast you think he hit you? I have the after market reese hitch setup and their setup uses another cross member before the rear cross member and bumper. I happened to stop really quick to a yellow since our county is using camera's to catch red light violators. Any way a Dodge Neon slammed me hard. I was friggin pissed and wondered what the arse was gonna look like. The car went under and hit my rear tires and the hitch left a huge V channel down the hood of the neon. Radiator fluid all over and their air bags did not deploy. Not a Dam mark to see on my rig! I feel lucky, maybe the lift and hitch saved me. glad it turned out good for you too!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice to know the FJ held up!!!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Im thinking if you are running a lift and bigger tires, most car front bumpers are going to run right in to either the hitch or slightly under it. It is going to cause the rear vehicle to be not driveable (radiator) and you are going to get away hopefully with just some marred paint on the hitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts