Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
I tend to agree with Jeff here. I ran an 885/895 setup for several years with an ARB and winch up front and didn't think it was too soft. (That said, I liked the ride a whole lot better with the much lighter MT tube bumper up front and SAWs with TC UCAs. On washboard roads at moderate speed there was no comparison. If you wheel at BC much, you are on such roads a lot.) My rig was a daily driver that got wheeled as often as I could, but it wasn't a dedicated trail rig by any stretch of the imagination.

I haven't talked to ARB about this in some time, but fairly early on they began dis-recommending 886s even with the ARB bumper due to issues (or at least perceived liability) with premature CV wear. I also seem to recall they went so far as to start referring to 885s as "heavy". Of course one could always get 886s directly.

Do your homework. Understand your expected load, normal operating conditions and risk. Know that 'heavy' doesn't mean better -- even if all of the cool kids are doing it. You are responsible for your own mods.

Caveat emptor. Cum grano salis. This advice is worth what you paid for it. ;)

-- Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.