Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm awaiting the arrival of my full kit from metal tech , and had questions on regards to the sway bar .

Does your sway bar rub the coilover even with the relocation plates installed ?

Are you running without the sway bar ?

Would you recommend running this set-up without the sway bar ?

Thanks .

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have been running without both front and rear sway bars for a long time, its the only way to run SAW's! It also nice not having to worry about breaking sway bar links and destroying CV boots:cheers:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Running without the sway bar will really help you articulate offroad but any kind of high speed turning or quick maneuvers (sp?) are going to make you feel tippy. I currently have the SAW front LT shocks and the body roll is minimal but with the Icon's I noticed quite a bit of body roll in the corners.

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
I have been running my Sway-A-Way coilovers for over 3 years without the front sway bar. When the Sway-A-Way coilovers was installed the sway bar rubbed so I took it off. I would never put the sway bar back on, the Sway-A-Way coilovers handle well without the front sway bar.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been running my Sway-A-Way coilovers for over 3 years without the front sway bar. When the Sway-A-Way coilovers was installed the sway bar rubbed so I took it off. I would never put the sway bar back on, the Sway-A-Way coilovers handle well without the front sway bar.

Thanks for your reply .

I'm going to try it out .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts