Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have my first real problem with my FJ. I have been hearing a pop pulling out my driveway on the driver side. I got underneath it today and saw that both the driver and passenger side of the sway-bar is rubbing against my coil. The driver side is the worst it has started to wear a flat spot. Everything seems nice and tight. I have attached a pic. You can see where both it is rubbing against the coil. How do I fix this? I have a 3 inch toytec 2.5 coilover with spc ucas.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I have my first real problem with my FJ. I have been hearing a pop pulling out my driveway on the driver side. I got underneath it today and saw that both the driver and passenger side of the sway-bar is rubbing against my coil. The driver side is the worst it has started to wear a flat spot. Everything seems nice and tight. I have attached a pic. You can see where both it is rubbing against the coil. How do I fix this? I have a 3 inch toytec 2.5 coilover with spc ucas.

I had the same issue with Radflo 2.0’s. They sell a swaybar relocation kit which moves it forward about an inch. I bought mine from Radflo, but I’m sure others sell the kit as well.

Russ
2011 FJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue with Radflo 2.0’s. They sell a swaybar relocation kit which moves it forward about an inch. I bought mine from Radflo, but I’m sure others sell the kit as well.

Russ
2011 FJ

Thank you for the advice. I also have the sway-bar relocation kit. I should of mentioned that in the post above.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
If all it is is a piece of metal with two holes in it you could probly make your own with a drill press or hand drill :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the advice. I also have the sway-bar relocation kit. I should of mentioned that in the post above.

You’re welcome, good luck with the fix. I’m sure somebody is going to suggest removing the swaybar..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that person should be along shortly.

·
Premium Member
10,901 Posts
G'day,
Thats not normal at all.... should clear the CO..especially with a relocation bracket fitted.
I can suggest two possible fixes....
1. rotate the CO so the bottom coil lip is on the other side ( might even need to swap CO's ..left n right sides ...not that CO's are generally left n right specific )
2. use a longer sway bar link...to lower the SB end.... the SB should be as horizontal as possible - with your lift and using standard OE SB links its probably pitched up / pulled up ..towards the CO more than normal.

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G'day,
Thats not normal at all.... should clear the CO..especially with a relocation bracket fitted.
I can suggest two possible fixes....
1. rotate the CO so the bottom coil lip is on the other side ( might even need to swap CO's ..left n right sides ...not that CO's are generally left n right specific )
2. use a longer sway bar link...to lower the SB end.... the SB should be as horizontal as possible - with your lift and using standard OE SB links its probably pitched up / pulled up ..towards the CO more than normal.

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
I was able to rotate the coil 90 degrees and no more problem. Thanks for the easy fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts