Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know where to post this so I guess General discussion would be OK.
I have an 08 FJ, and Love it. but at 9500 miles the break pedal started making a swishing sound every time I put my foot on the pedal. Even with a very light touch on the pedal it sounds like air rushing out of a small hole. Three days later my floor mat started squeaking, like glue on the bottom of your shoe while walking on a tile floor, right where my right heal sits when my foot is on the gas pedal. any movement, no matter how slight squeak, squeak. So between the swishing and squeaking, driving me nuts. I took the FJ into the dealer, they kept the FJ for 2 days, and couldn't get rid of the sound and told me to "live with it". Anyone out the have this problem. Just thought I'd ask.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
there are a few threads on this. I have it, i hate it. I can't drive in silence because it bugs me to death. The windows down drowns it out though.

It is, however, normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I'm not the only one. If I find a cure I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. If I find a cure I'll let you know.
For real please do. A lot of time i like to drive in silence and just think and that squishy brake pedal is like an annoying mosquito.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My FJ has little rattles, squeaks, and skwishees everywhere. I just crack the window usually.

Break pedal squishy blues for me as well.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I took the FJ into the dealer, they kept the FJ for 2 days, and couldn't get rid of the sound and told me to "live with it".
They told you to "live with it"??? Did you take a piece of their arse? So much for customer service...

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Without having experienced the "Swishing" noise before but knowing what's going on underneath the floor mats. I have noticed that the liner under the mats have air-bubble like sections between them and the floorpan. From a 'flash' brainstorm I just had. Check underneath your mat to see if you have the air bubbles. I wouldn't even hesitate to try using a syringe full of a silicon glue and a large bore needle and punch through the air bubbles and get some glue underneath it and let that dry with some weight on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts