Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife just showed me this storage solution. Granted it needs a new color and it costs $8,000.00. I thought it was ver interesting. Swiss RoomBox at werd.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
$1000 maybe, but $8k?!? LOL

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Don't you love how vids make everything seem so quick and easy? LOL 8K though GEEZ!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I'd pay $8,000 if she came with it....
:lol: The shower scene just before the one minute mark was a bonus.

That material looks like solid phenolic to me which is what plastic laminate sheets are made of. Assuming that is correct, the weight would be pretty substantial IMO. I cannot find mention of the material or the weight on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
For that kind of money, it should cook for me as well. I am trying to relax, not remember how to put together a jigsaw puzzle. People will probably buy it and use it once, then it will sit in the garage.

From the same site, for somebody who has everything:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
One thing though, what do you do with all the stuff you store in it while ur using it for something else like a table?

·
Registered
291 Posts
thats the cats pajamas!
is a little expensive, but i meant common, some guys are spending 3k for a roof top tent when they could spend 100 for a real nice setup of the same size on the ground. i guess they then risk bears maulings(sp?) and scorpion stings though

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
One thing though, what do you do with all the stuff you store in it while ur using it for something else like a table?
Yeah, it all looks great on the video but I'd feel like I'm putting together a puzzle every time I want to get something out, put something away or change the configuration. I'd give engineering an A, pricing an F and everyday usefulness a C. I bet they don't sell many of them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ok, I'm back.
It's an interesting system, but I see a few problems. First, you'd have to have a serious case of OCD to get it packed right after each use. Second, that $8,000 price tag better include a flight to switzerland and a Year's worth of training on how to use it.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I wonder if it includes a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones to quiet the rattling sounds.

+3 on the shower scene.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Ok, I'm back.
It's an interesting system, but I see a few problems. First, you'd have to have a serious case of OCD to get it packed right after each use. Second, that $8,000 price tag better include a flight to switzerland and a Year's worth of training on how to use it.
Ain`t that the truth :rocker:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
...I bet they don't sell many of them.
Um, at $8000 a pop they don't have to. But the shower scene was worth the look - thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ain't it amazing just how far the swiss army knife has progressed!!!!!!:cheers:
Jax':wave:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts