Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a pretty good search on the inter-webs and couldn't find anything specific wiring instructions a switch-pros. More specifically the light blue, pink and white wire. I believe the white wire is optional but the light blue wire is ignition and the pink gets connected to the running lights.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using a PowerTrays mount.

Thank you

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,315 Posts
Thanks ZerosFJ. looking for the location of the ignition wire in the FJ. I have those instructions.
Then you should have asked that...

There is one or more spare in the interior fuse box. Lots of threads here showing which ones but they do vary so best to test with a meter. Use an add a circuit fuse to join it in easily.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The pink wire is a External trigger wire. If you want a switch on the Switch-Pro to become hot when you turn something
else on. Like you want to have rock lights come on with the interior lights. You can trigger up to four switches but you must enable that function. Hook white wire up to parking lights to enable back lighting on panel to dim when you turn lights on. It's a awesome unit, but the App. is a few light years behind.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pink wire is a External trigger wire. If you want a switch on the Switch-Pro to become hot when you turn something
else on. Like you want to have rock lights come on with the interior lights. You can trigger up to four switches but you must enable that function. Hook white wire up to parking lights to enable back lighting on panel to dim when you turn lights on. It's a awesome unit, but the App. is a few light years behind.
Okay great thanks. do you know which wire is the parking lights? or do you just tap into a parking light wire in the engine bay?

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,315 Posts
I tapped the wire by the light unit under the hood. You could trace that wire colour back if you wanted but not much point, making work and you'd be bringing a wire through the firewall unnecessarily.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
In all honesty, I did have my favorite hi-fi shop wire mine up for me. Not sure what he tapped. But in my lack of skill department, I would just have tapped into the closest parking light wire.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Lol. So you good on those 3 colors? My SP has worked fantastic, the App. really does need some work. I've talked with them a couple of times and seem like really decent people, me thinks the company that did/does the app. needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol. So you good on those 3 colors? My SP has worked fantastic, the App. really does need some work. I've talked with them a couple of times and seem like really decent people, me thinks the company that did/does the app. needs to be replaced.
Thanks Baddawg. We are good. I'll let you know when i complete the install.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did a pretty good search on the inter-webs and couldn't find anything specific wiring instructions a switch-pros. More specifically the light blue, pink and white wire. I believe the white wire is optional but the light blue wire is ignition and the pink gets connected to the running lights.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using a PowerTrays mount.

Thank you
As a note if you are using the Powertrays mount that puts the module with the connector facing up make sure to use plenty of dielectric grease on the connector when you install it and fairly routinely after. I have seen multiple units mounted in this way that have ended up with corrosion in the plugs as the SP is not meant to be mounted in that position.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As a note if you are using the Powertrays mount that puts the module with the connector facing up make sure to use plenty of dielectric grease on the connector when you install it and fairly routinely after. I have seen multiple units mounted in this way that have ended up with corrosion in the plugs as the SP is not meant to be mounted in that position.
PowerTrays upgraded me to their new vertical mount.

·
Registered
114 Posts
PowerTrays upgraded me to their new vertical mount.
Can you share a photo?

I recently wired up a switch pro. I am a electrical newbie and I have yet to hook anything up but I will offer up what I have done to date. I installed the blue and white wires to the interior fuse box using Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP Adapters. I connected the blue wire to fuse 1-Ignition. I connected the white wire to fuse 10-Tail(Tail lights, parking lights etc). I'll post up to this thread when I wire in my bumper lights. I did not connect the pink wire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts