Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been a fair amount of switch related threads lateley so lets get them all in one place.

Carling sealed rocker switches, part #432-1088-ND Switch Rocker SPST 12V 20AMP Sealed
2 lights, one lights with dash lights, 1 lights when circuit activates

$11.20 each, $9.00 each for 10 or more

Digi-Key Corp. 1-800-344-4539 digikey.com

The stock holes in the center console are stepped, smaller as you go in. The sides of the switch openings require trimming from behind with a utility knif, about a minute, very easy. The new switches are held in by the top and bottom

Attachments

Reactions: LandCruiserSteve

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
384 Posts
good thread been tryin got decide what to do for switched! keep them coming!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Great thread! I need a few and didn't know where to get them! Anywhere else? :)

.....good stocking stuffer idea...... :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
A source that I have ordered from is 4X4mods.com they have switches they call off-road rockers, they come with a choice of 28 different labels,and 5 contact configurations. The labels are ones that are common to 4-wheeling, and they are lighted, and6 colors. $9.99 ea They have a good web sight if you want to check them out.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A source that I have ordered from is 4X4mods.com they have switches they call off-road rockers, they come with a choice of 28 different labels,and 5 contact configurations. The labels are ones that are common to 4-wheeling, and they are lighted, and6 colors. $9.99 ea They have a good web sight if you want to check them out.
The switches you mention are listed on post #2

·
Registered
155 Posts
This may have been covered before, but I was just at the parts counter of a local dealer. He quoted the price of the FJ-specific fog/driving light switch at $58. He said he's sold quite a number of the Tacoma lighted switch, Toyota part number 00550-35976, to FJ owners, for about $14. Of course it's not an exact match to the FJ switches, but it's a lot cheaper. The same one in my Tacoma works just fine. The orange-ish light in the switch comes on when the switch is turned to the on position.

·
Registered
127 Posts
anyone have any pics of the 4X4mods.com switches installed? Just curious how they look in the stock holes.

anyone know if any of these switches are partially illuminated while not on? so you locate them in the dark?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone have any pics of the 4X4mods.com switches installed? Just curious how they look in the stock holes.

anyone know if any of these switches are partially illuminated while not on? so you locate them in the dark?
The Carling switches have a light in them that illuminates with the dash lights, another light that illuminates when the circuit activates.

·
Registered
416 Posts
How do you know what those carlington switches say on them? Do you have to call Digi-key to get a list or something? Is there a list of what is available?

I would just call them, but it's Sunday - they will be closed.

·
Registered
469 Posts
How do you know what those carlington switches say on them? Do you have to call Digi-key to get a list or something? Is there a list of what is available?

I believe that in a previous post he said that he used a p touch label maker with clear tabs to make the labels on the carlington switches they are blank with light features only no labels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Come on now fellas. Why not good old Orange lighted flip switches. Keep it simple and have fun with it. This a retro styled truck...not a BMW for show.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I made them on a Brother P Touch label maker. I used 1/2" black on clear tape. It works out perfect as you can cut the tape to fit the lit square perfect. Several people that have seen the set up thought the switches were stock.

Come on now fellas. Why not good old Orange lighted flip switches. Keep it simple and have fun with it. This a retro styled truck...not a BMW for show.
That is why there is chocolate an vanilla. THe Carling switches have little raised dots in the same pattern as the dash and look like they are stock. The vehicle is "retro" but the interior is far from retro in any way in my opinion.

I suggest that you use the switches you like and post them up her with pics and iinfo on where to find them so others that like thm can get them as well. It's all good:)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any other switches guys? Post your pics here. Where you got them and price too. Do they light up with dash lights as well as when circuit is activated?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm researching in-cab winch controls now. As far as I can tell so far you need a SPST switch for power and a DPDT center-off switch for winch In/Out. I'm trying to find something that will work and look as close to stock as possible. Those switches in the first post are as close as i've seen so far.

I will post again once I make more progress on this.

**For the winch In/Out I want a momentary switch also, so you actually have to keep your finger pressed on the button for safety reasons. I'm just learning about switches now...

1 - 20 of 152 Posts