Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I don't think you'll have to find one that's "friendly". Any quality snatch block should be fine. I use the Mile Marker one that came with the winch.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
just dont use it on synthetic if it is not new and has been used on steel cable previously.....

there are differences in fairleads from cable to syn though...

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
My Superwinch snatchblock is pretty sweet (bought from Expedition 1 with my winch and bumper. Very beefy.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I just got a brand new nice ARB snatch block. the roller is anodized billet steel and is really smooth and nice.

as others have said, there isnt really a synth specific block, but you definetly wouldnt want to use an old used snatch block that was once used with steel with nice new synth line

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I use the Titan snatch pulley block with synthetic line.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I just got a brand new nice ARB snatch block. the roller is anodized billet steel and is really smooth and nice.

as others have said, there isnt really a synth specific block, but you definetly wouldnt want to use an old used snatch block that was once used with steel with nice new synth line

The new ARB 9000 snatch block uses a composite wheel, which is compatible with synthetic rope. In reality a standard snatch block is OK with synth line because of limited movement through the block roller - not as crucial as the rollers on the winch. But, if you have pitting or a lot of time with a steel line, get a new one for the synth rope...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Both ARB and Warn have some good snatch blocks that should be fine with syn. line as long as they're new.:bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts