Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing some synthetic line for my new warn xp 9.5 on an allpro bumper. I have found this place called winchline.com they have lots of options and different grades of hooks termination types. I have never purchased a winch or synthetic line before. So I am at a loss what is the right choice. My intended use is the rain forest of south east Alaska mud and snow. Lots of rip rap rock logging roads. I was hoping that some one could help me make the right choice. I have emailed winchline.com what feels like a plethora of times and have received no replies. Has any one dealt with this place should they be used or avoided. I am confused as they refuse to answer emails could be there computers are down. If you could buy a line from them for a warn xp 9.5 and the sky was the limit what would you buy? Thanks.~ MEWOODY

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
I have had EXCELLENT results from Winchline.com. They get a big thumbs-up from me. As to what you want in the way of winchline, I suggest you get the Delrin rollers, the line that suits your needs and the safety thimball. If you want to chat on this, PM me.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
They are great to work with.
Owner Jon may be on vacation, as I wrote him a week back and have not heard from him.

Here is the line I went with, and a little installation "how to."
Also notice I am not using a hook, I use a safety thimble which you would then hook a shackle to it.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
It's not clear from your description, but if you intend to use a synthetic line in places where the rope will come in contact with rocks or trees you need to make sure you protect the line from damage. I bought my line from Emil at Master Pull. Super quality and great service. Just about every time I call his shop someone answers the phone. They also sell a chafe guard to protect your line from being damaged.

Give them a call and I'm sure they will be ale to answer your questions.

Winch Rope, ATV Winch Ropes, 4X4 Rope, MASTER-PULL

·
Registered
981 Posts
I bought 90' of 3/8" line from winchline.com

I got the crush proof thimble and excel hook. winchline will put a 10' section of chafe guard on the line for free.

I also run a 9.5XP and got 90' instead of 100' to make up for the space between the 3/8" line I bought, and the 5/16" cable I removed.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
I have had EXCELLENT results from Winchline.com. They get a big thumbs-up from me. As to what you want in the way of winchline, I suggest you get the Delrin rollers, the line that suits your needs and the safety thimball. If you want to chat on this, PM me.
Ditto - same setup with 150' line, Delrin rollers, Thimble. I've been back to Winchline.com a number of times since.

Viking Trail Line with Winch Safety Thimble (line with thimble)

Winchlines.com 800.275.3809 (correct size rollers for WARN fairlead)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for every ones help winchline.com got back with me and helped me with my order it is on the way they rock.MEWOODY

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I had Winchline add an extra 10' of the Polyester Line Protector (20' total) to my line when I ordered it because sometimes 10' just isn't enough to fully protect the line when you're winching in rocky terrain. Since you already ordered I'll assume you knew that the 9.5xp takes 100' of 5/16" line. You will also receive a Winchline cap; at least there was one in the box with my line when it showed up and they're really good looking caps.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts