Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first noticed this a couple miles after i got the FJ back(from the dealer) after getting the rear main seal, transmission pump, and some more seals replaced. I thought that maybe i just couldn't remember.. until a week after that MudlovingFJ was in my rig and noticed it right away. Then i knew i wasn't crazy anymore.

4-high is no longer where it used to be. It still engages.. and everything works fine. It's just in the wrong spot.

Should i be worried? I've done a good 40+ miles in 4-hi and low since this has been happening. Everything is working fine.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Did you bring it up to the dealer? A detent or spring clip not used?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Dom, looks like you quoted me and I modified my post.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't want to see you flipping your tranny the bird like that again young man.:thefinger:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
It seems to be afraid of that soda cup. is that from In n Out? that may be the problem.
Nah seriously they prolly left of a clip or broke something and didn't want you to know about it.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
It shouldn't be in the wrong spot, unless they bent the linkage when they R & R'd it.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
They had to of done something to the tranny or messed up the linkage somehow.:mofo:

·
Registered
368 Posts
HHHMMMMM.... To me, it almost looks like a mount was left undone (i.e. trans case, transmission or even motor mount). :eek:

If it were me, I would get a floor jack and gently lift up on the transfer case and see if the drive train moves. Whether it did or not, I would suggest you take it back to the dealership and pitch a fit about it.....

-Digger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts