Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm bored at the fire station today and I said "self why couldn't you mount a small tablet or iPad in the fj?, I can use it for gps streaming audio, movies, oh god who knows what else.." has anyone done this? I can wifi tether it off my iPhone so it has real time updates for everything. And I can store huge amounts of audio/video on it and go directly into the deck.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
My setup, using RAM arm/holder plus a homemade bracket attached to the side of the center console. Very sturdy and no wiggle when the FJ is in motion.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
My setup, using RAM arm/holder plus a homemade bracket attached to the side of the center console. Very sturdy and no wiggle when the FJ is in motion.

I like that! I may have to make some changes to mine to something like that. I've found that when the iPad is in the vertical orientation like that, I can't see anything on the screen when wearing polarized sunglasses.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
My iPad mount when I'm park (mall crawling) and browsing the forums while waiting for my general (wife) to finish her (long) shopping list.

·
Registered
272 Posts

Hey Nestor, What does this mount through on the inside? I have a ram mount coming for my Xoom and looking for a good solution to mount it securely as the panavise mount just doesnt look sturdy enough.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Hey Nestor, What does this mount through on the inside? I have a ram mount coming for my Xoom and looking for a good solution to mount it securely as the panavise mount just doesnt look sturdy enough.
Two 50mm long M6 bolts, two big flat washers and two flanged/serrated M6 nuts.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up going with the app radio and I love it!! I feel a lil mislead though. I feel in love with Bluetooth audio for my music when I had my 2011 4runner. I thought that's what I was getting. Alas it only plays audio plugged in to the iPhone. Which is kinda a pain in the tukas. But all in all I love the setup. I can't wait for more appradio friendly apps tho. But it is nice to watch Netflix when I'm stuck in traffic at the tunnel!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts