Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a previous thread, DzrtShamrock showed this photo of the clips that hold the fusebox down in its case.

Gadget Electronic device Machine Electric blue Plastic

On my '09 FJ I can see the clips down in there, but I can't figure out how they un-clip. Every video I've seen on YouTube, the guy just uses a screwdriver to break them. Do they just push down with a screwdriver? Or do they push aside? Do you have to push aside all 4 at once, and simultaneously lift the fuse box out?

Thanks for any ideas.

· Registered
70 Posts
This is a pita job. I used picks and a small screwdriver. Unfortunately I don't remember off hand the precise way to manipulate the clips, but i did make a detailed video with the box apart incase i needed to pull them apart again, so i can reference them and give you some further guidance.

First, i had to work both clips on a single end together, so i used 2 picks at the same time, and then i had to lift and make sure those areas were apart enough so they wouldn't relatch themselves while doing the other side. Best if you have an extra set of hands, i didn't.

I'll dig up the vids at the first opportunity and share further.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a pita job. I used picks and a small screwdriver. Unfortunately I don't remember off hand the precise way to manipulate the clips, but i did make a detailed video with the box apart incase i needed to pull them apart again, so i can reference them and give you some further guidance.

First, i had to work both clips on a single end together, so i used 2 picks at the same time, and then i had to lift and make sure those areas were apart enough so they wouldn't relatch themselves while doing the other side. Best if you have an extra set of hands, i didn't.

I'll dig up the vids at the first opportunity and share further.
Thanks, Montana6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts