Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, winter in Germany is over and upon returning from the Stan I realized that there was rust beginning to take over the underbody. It really isn't that bad, just a couple spots, but I took a wire brush to most and sprayed over it with Gunk Rust and Corrision spray, it looks like new. Behind the rotor on the backside of the brake caliper has the most. I was wondering if I wire brushed it as best as I could, would it be alright if I sprayed it as well? I have to get her ready since I'm moving back to the states (NY=Salt). Getting a vehicle approved to get onto the boat is a major pain in the a$$, they'll gig you for anything.

Thanks,
-Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just started treating my 2011 underside with Rustoleum. Will make it an annual ritual to keep up with surface rust.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is what i use on my fj. I sprayed the frame, axle and everything i could underneath my fj that had surface rust. It's been about a year since i sprayed and all the parts that i have spray have no signs rust. It's supposed to nutralize the rust and provides a protective barrier so the rust doesnt come back. You still need to take a wire brush to the flakey rust first before spraying but if you just have surface rust just spray right over it and thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts