Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look in the owner's manual it says that you can take the FJ to the dealership to adjust certain options, one of them being the beep/lights flashing when you hit the remote lock or unlock.

I was wondering if anybody has done this and if it was a hassle?

But most importantly I am wondering that if I get this done and one day disconnect my battery will the settings for this stay off? or would I have to go back in to get it done again in which case I would probably just physically remove the beeper.

Kind of retarded if you ask me cuz on my Tacoma IIRC you could just do one of those crazy put the key in and hit the odometer button combo thingys to turn it off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had it done at my first service (all doors set to unlock and no bloody beep). Dealer did it in a couple of minutes. Painless. Can't speak to the battery disconnect but I have to believe that it won't matter.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I had it done at my first service (all doors set to unlock and no bloody beep). Dealer did it in a couple of minutes. Painless. Can't speak to the battery disconnect but I have to believe that it won't matter.
Has anyone prepared a list of the options the dealer can change? i.e., is it possible to have them turn off the beep when you unlock it, but leave it on for locking; can they have the doors automatically lock when put in drive, etc.?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone prepared a list of the options the dealer can change? i.e., is it possible to have them turn off the beep when you unlock it, but leave it on for locking; can they have the doors automatically lock when put in drive, etc.?
In owners manual.....options listed....:wave:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
How exactly do they do it, just wondering why we can't do it ourselves?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
How exactly do they do it, just wondering why we can't do it ourselves?
You can using the Techstream Toyota software and the appropriate ODBII cable. That's what they do, that's what i did.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Cholerabob How much was the subscription for the Toyota Techstream. I can buy everything online for reprogramming per j2534 protocol from Drew Technologies but I still need to pay for Techstream.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just wondering what the benefit of doing this is exactly? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
I want to do the same because the beeping is not appreciated late at night in a neighborhood, or out in the wilderness camping.

·
Registered
283 Posts
the beeping sound is just a bit too feminine in relation to the FJ aesthetic. I think I will go get this done the next time I'm at the dealership...

·
Registered
116 Posts
That manual page above doesn't say anything about the headlights, can can the dealer stop the high beams from coming on when you lock/unlock? *That* is irritating as hell.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have to admit, all the beeping is annoying as hell when you have to double click to unlock the passenger door and rear hatch. It is even more troubling when the GF and I get home late at her apartment. I don't want to be that guy waking people up who are already in bed.

To remedy this issue I usually just use the lock door button on the door and then close it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That manual page above doesn't say anything about the headlights, can can the dealer stop the high beams from coming on when you lock/unlock? That is irritating as hell.
I'm trying to find how to disable the headlights from turning on when locking/ unlocking the car. Have someone found a solution for that?
p.s.
I live in Europe and i have an FJ cruiser which is bought from the US. Toyota does not distribute or service FJ cruisers in Europe, so going to the dealer is not an option for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts