Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been a while since I’ve posted. Wife and I have driven our 2014 FJ all over the US and camped in our James Baroud tent. Spent 5.5 weeks on the road in 2018. My daughter was born shortly thereafter and since then we haven’t been able to get out and do much wheeling or camping unfortunately. Just looking to “beef up” the look of the FJ and the time has come for new tires anyway. No plans to do any hardcore wheeling in the near future. Occasional beach/sand driving and some light wheeling is about it. Otherwise it mostly sits in the driveway... Here is what I currently have on it:

*Icon 3” Lift
*Icon UCAs
*Icon shocks front/rear
*BMC done

Plan is to rip the fenders off and hammer back the pinch welds. BMC is already done. Looking at the Rough Country 6” springs and maybe a 1” body lift? Anything else I should consider before throwing on some 37s?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hey all, been a while since I’ve posted. Wife and I have driven our 2014 FJ all over the US and camped in our James Baroud tent. Spent 5.5 weeks on the road in 2018. My daughter was born shortly thereafter and since then we haven’t been able to get out and do much wheeling or camping unfortunately. Just looking to “beef up” the look of the FJ and the time has come for new tires anyway. No plans to do any hardcore wheeling in the near future. Occasional beach/sand driving and some light wheeling is about it. Otherwise it mostly sits in the driveway... Here is what I currently have on it:

*Icon 3” Lift
*Icon UCAs
*Icon shocks front/rear
*BMC done

Plan is to rip the fenders off and hammer back the pinch welds. BMC is already done. Looking at the Rough Country 6” springs and maybe a 1” body lift? Anything else I should consider before throwing on some 37s?
Go for it! I'd only recommend a re-gear to 4.88's or lower. Mike Resz (RESZ fabrication) did a 37" write-up on his website if you want to take a look. It's recent-ish.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
So you are thinking of running Rough Country 6 inch springs in the rear and having a 3 inch lift up front ?

·
Premium Member
7,875 Posts
No plans to do any hardcore wheeling in the near future.

*Icon 3” Lift
*Icon UCAs
*Icon shocks front/rear
*BMC done
Honestly I would not do it. I have 37's on mine with a 3" lift. What size tires do you have on it now? For what you do I would leave it as-is. No need for a 6" lift unless you like the look I guess. Maybe put 35's on it. Mine is geared to 4.88 and its barely enough sometimes depending on the wind. RPM is at around 2600 going down the interstate at 75 but there is decent power. If you do alot of traveling I would advise against it. Yes its great for rock crawling but the cost is very high.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I agree with Iconic. In fact if you are not really Hardcore wheeling i would run 285s and be done and even then you can go just about as many places .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts