Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts
11 months and it died today w/ my wife driving it in HEAVY traffic on the HWY.

The OEM module was right where I left it, still in it's original location. I simply unplugged the tap a turn strobe pack & plugged in the old module. All is well again safety wise.

FYI: No signal bulbs have burned out in the past 11 months of use and they are the original OEM's from 2011. 19K miles on vehicle. I used the wig wag feature twice for approximately 10 secs each time. Once was to video it. The second was to pull over on the side of the hwy. I hit the right signal, pulled over and hit the hazards. I actually forgot I had that feature and turned it off.

What's the guarantee/warranty on this product?

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts
4 days & no response. When I try to access autowindow.com's email system, I get nothing. It won't even open.

Nice Customer service!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
4 days & no response. When I try to access autowindow.com's email system, I get nothing. It won't even open.

Nice Customer service!
I just clicked the contact us link and it opened a window with the address going to [email protected]

Bought mine last June, so far still working. I also left the oem in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, you can try a hard reset first: pull the hazards fuse, then plug it back in. This might be needed if you've had a flat battery, boost, disconnect, etc.

Then do a soft reset as mentioned in post above, which puts all the settings back to factory defaults.

If these tricks don't work, it could be a faulty relay or something else has gone bad inside the flasher, in which case send it in for repair or replacement under warranty.

There have been product improvements made over the last year which should remove the need to do hard reset. And I have seen reliability increase due to certain changes of brands of components used inside.

I am still standing behind the product, no worries. If you need a refurbishment, it will be upgraded to the newest and best of the day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have just made a product update, and it's detailed on the web site. Dedicated to you Fathers out there, on Father's Day. But you don't need to be a dad to get it.

Basically, the change is now you just tap the signal stalk when flashers are on to get the modified patterns (eg wigwag). No longer is it necessary to keep the signal stalk in left or right positions to keep modified hazards working. This change means you can drive around a track or patrol a parking lot with wig wag hazards staying on and steering wheel turns won't cancel them.

Also, you can tap right to get wig wag flashing, then tap left to slow down wig wag... Which makes a new hazard mode that is easy to do.

All units shipping forward will have this new capability.

If you NEED this new capability on your existing TapTurn unit that has been purchased in the last year, I can upgrade the software with a new chip for USD$25 (total) if you send it in to me I will send it back with one day turn around. This is essentially just covering my costs for the upgrade.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That's good news; can you please make sure mine, the one I just purchased last week, has the upgrade? I bought it for Father's Day but it had not arrived when I left on travel Sunday. Shipping to Plano TX.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's good news; can you please make sure mine, the one I just purchased last week, has the upgrade? I bought it for Father's Day but it had not arrived when I left on travel Sunday. Shipping to Plano TX.
I cant remember the exact day I slipped the new build into the shipping stream, but that order was near the cut. If it missed your order spin it back here and I will take care of it no charge. Your instructions may not talk about the tap hazard feature, but the product might have it anyway so try it first.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: TapTurn-- Stobe upgrade missed (returned) - thanks

I cant remember the exact day I slipped the new build into the shipping stream, but that order was near the cut. If it missed your order spin it back here and I will take care of it no charge. Your instructions may not talk about the tap hazard feature, but the product might have it anyway so try it first.
Thank you sir; it's leaving Texas on Monday. Works great as is; looking forward to the Strobe upgrade though!

121 - 140 of 168 Posts