Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well.. it's fitted and working... show us a shot of your FJ?

The first (and only) TapTurn equipped FJ in UAE.. probably!
Well, here it is :grin (hope this link works....)

Was able to fit the IPCW units at the back (and have them work perfectly) with this relay.
There are lots of options but i have one touch triple flash strobe signalling, 24 sec courtesy lighting and strobe hazards (which i will reset when it goes for servicing :grin)
Next mod will be to change that terrible skid plate... Every time I hit the dunes the flimsy thing bends out of shape!

:cheers:
http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/sam20v/FJ Cruiser/TAPTURN.mp4

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
instead of accelerating to close the gap the idiots here seem more inclined to back off and leave the space as if they are unsure of this new strobing turn signal!
Awesome! I'm going to order based solely on this...
Very apt description of the standard of driving.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
The tap turn was installed a week or so ago and I got to use the strobed hazards a couple of times yesterday when visiting job sites. The extra visibility is a plus. Sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it. Installed it. Works spiffy swell. PITA to get the old relay swapped over. Courtesy light don't seem to work with the aftermarket remote start kit but bought it for the tap turn feature.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Well the battery finally died on my 2008. Not a bad run. Almost eleven years on the original battery! I'm guessing the replacement won't do that. I jumped it and headed out for a new battery. First corner, no turn signals! Ouch! I didn't know what to think. No flashers either. Uh oh. Well first place I came was back to this thread. Good news about a possible reset. Posts 132 & 133. First tried the software reset. No luck. Then the hard reset. Where's my needlenose? Never needed to pull a fuse out of this thing before. Holy crap are they tight. Replace the fuse. Do the rest of the stuff that by now is sounding pretty fishy. Hey, guess what? Turn signals! And flashers! Worked perfect! Back to factory settings. Now all I need to do is find that piece of paper with the directions to get my favorite strobe action back! Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
One of the relays went bad in my TapTurn flasher. I thought to myself, no problem because the seller offers lifetime warranty. Yes. He'll repair (not replace) the flasher, but he also wants shipping both ways to be paid by the buyer, which will total about $30-40. Not cool imo.
I instead bought two relays online for $1 and replaced both in the flasher. Working great now.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts