Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the double post guys. Wasn't sure where to post. I also posted in the camping section.

Hey Guys,
My brother and I finished making an insert basket for my oem roof rack. Now I can lay 4 suitcase flat on top, really nice. I have a tarp but it is huge. Does anyone know where I can find a tarp (that fits) to cover the contents of the roof? So I would imagine something slightly bigger than the roof rack. Tie down points to fasten it down is a must of course. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Les

·
Registered
2010 FJ Cruiser White
87 Posts
go to local uhaul store, they have a wide variety of tarp sizes. i went by there yesterday and picked up a furniture pad ($15.00) for the trunk area of my FJ. i can confidently carry my dirty mtb without the mess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
"My brother and I finished making an insert basket for my oem roof rack. Now I can lay 4 suitcase flat on top, really nice." Pictures pictures we need pictures. I would like to see what you came up with.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I know in the Fresno area, there is at least one canvas store that will still make what you want or trim yours. You might want to Google "canvas" in your area. Some patio supply stores do, or know where, canvas work can be done.

I seem to recall Cabelas had something in their catalog awhile back.

BTW, nice insert!

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
you wanna get rid of the cross bars? as for your tarp did you try a lowes or home depot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts