Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MT,

Had a chance to install the TC +2" yesterday with two very helpful friends. First off I wanted to say thank you for answering my many questions and for putting together some great in house products with the TC kit. That being said I have two suggestions for your kit surrounding the pre-made CV axles.

1. Make sure to educate the buyer on what they were receiving, originally the deal as I understood it was for 3 completed axles. I only received two in the mail, ended up calling and got just the longer axle shaft sent to me, not assembled. It's very possible I understood the deal incorrectly but just a heads up for other potential buyers.

2. Packaging of the CV axles was not up to par as they are very heavy and were only held in place with newspaper. After installing I noticed excess grease around the outer boot on one and it turns out it has a tear/split most likely due to shipping. Not sure what I'm going to do about that as of yet, are there any viable patches that can be applied to the boot? The dust shield on the outer joint where it meets the spindle was also smashed due to shipping.

Again guys I love your product but wanted to share some improvement opportunities for the future. :cheers:

Spenser

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey MT,

Had a chance to install the TC +2" yesterday with two very helpful friends. First off I wanted to say thank you for answering my many questions and for putting together some great in house products with the TC kit. That being said I have two suggestions for your kit surrounding the pre-made CV axles.

1. Make sure to educate the buyer on what they were receiving, originally the deal as I understood it was for 3 completed axles. I only received two in the mail, ended up calling and got just the longer axle shaft sent to me, not assembled. It's very possible I understood the deal incorrectly but just a heads up for other potential buyers.

2. Packaging of the CV axles was not up to par as they are very heavy and were only held in place with newspaper. After installing I noticed excess grease around the outer boot on one and it turns out it has a tear/split most likely due to shipping. Not sure what I'm going to do about that as of yet, are there any viable patches that can be applied to the boot? The dust shield on the outer joint where it meets the spindle was also smashed due to shipping.

Again guys I love your product but wanted to share some improvement opportunities for the future. :cheers:

Spenser
Spenser,

We can build up a replacement CV and ship it to you to swap out the one with the damaged boot in transit. We have shipped a good number of prebuilt CV's (long travel and rebuilt stock) this will be the first one damaged due to the packaging. We will note this for future shipping to double check how they are packed.

As for the buy two axels get one free, this is a old promotion LT honored since he had talked with you about that before your order. Yes just like the axels come, the 3rd one comes un-assembled. This is due to the core needed to build the complete drop in CV. The cost for real FJ Cruiser cores is a bit high so not something that can be given away. This was clearly a misunderstanding as it has not been an issue in the past with the free 3rd axel promotion we did.

Let me know on sending you out a built "warranty" axel to swap the boot damaged one. We will just include a pre-paid UPS label to send the damaged one back.

Also if you cover the core cost and the boot kit cost, we will build the 3rd axel for you at no cost in labor. We will even cover the shipping cost to you if we ship it with your warranty axle.

Just let us know! Thank you again for your purchase.

Mark

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
Leave it to Mark to make it all right!

Good to see you again at Jambo Mark (even though you didn't recognize me with my ZZ Top beard going strong.):lol:

I was really impressed by your build-up of Nicks truck (as well as your Rock Garden spotting abilities.)
For those that weren't there...see below:

If long travel ever becomes a reality for me, I will be speaking with you about it!:clap:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Nice, Mark. Going the extra mile (like above) is one of the many reasons the bulk of items on my rig were/will continue to be purchased through Metaltech.

Spenser, get that LT on pronto and put some pics on your build thread. I am thinking of going that route in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mark,

Thank you very much for your response and generosity. That is why I continue to order from your company. I would like to take you up on the offer for another CV to replace the one currently on the truck. I will also be having you build a spare and paying for the boots, etc. On your return I can send you the longer axle shaft, the old longer half-shaft, and a stock FJ core. I will call today or tomorrow to organize. Thanks again for your prompt response and great customer service!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Spenser,

We can build up a replacement CV and ship it to you to swap out the one with the damaged boot in transit. ......

.....Let me know on sending you out a built "warranty" axel to swap the boot damaged one. We will just include a pre-paid UPS label to send the damaged one back.

Also if you cover the core cost and the boot kit cost, we will build the 3rd axel for you at no cost in labor. We will even cover the shipping cost to you if we ship it with your warranty axle.

Just let us know! Thank you again for your purchase.

Mark

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You people seeing this!!! This is what is great about small business and what makes this small business one of the greatest.

Mark, you never fail to impress!!!:rocker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts