Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on!!!!!!

I dare an FJ team to attempt this challenge.

2011 event.
Team Trophey Challenge Washingto

This is a link to a past years event.
Top Trophy Challenge 2000 Oregon - JP Magazine

It's all in good fun. You don't need a HARDCORE trail rig to run this event, you need a well prepared 4x4 TEAM to think on their feet and be ready for anything we can throw at them.

I really hope to see an FJ Cruiser team at the event this year.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I could be talked in to this.... I have some friends who have won this in the past.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Looks fun...for someone else!

This rule made me spit milk...

"In the event of a rollover or a mechanical breakdown, you may only assist in getting it out of the way. You may not assist with parts, physical help, or smarts to get it going. (You may suggest what they should have been driving.)"

Particularly the last sentence...

·
Registered
2007 SAS
223 Posts
It will be a fun event. Unfortunately as a Tamer I can't enter so you guys need to step up and show what our rigs can do. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I think we should do this Jeff. I'll talk to some of my jeep buddies and see if they can give me some tips. When I get back to seattle in a couple of weeks we can get together and talk about it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Haha! Yeah gimme a call whenever, maybe we could have a little meetup at that pub Paul likes in Snohomish? Is a d90 heavy enough to winch an fj if need be? Let's keep this one open...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have participated in this event a couple of times before. It's HARD, but a complete blast at the same time. You work as a two vehicle, 4 person team. In the past, there have been some wheeling involved for sure, but there's lots of other tasks to make you guys work as a team. You need to be able to work well and communicate well AS A TEAM. Tasks include stuff like first aid challenges, showing how well prepared you are for mechanical failure, winching challenges, etc. If you have a virgin/straight FJ cruiser and are worried about body damage, I honestly don't know if I'd be entering it, as I have yet to escape once without some damage. You also need your GPS skills to be VERY STRONG. Don't let me talk you out of doing this event if you're interested, just wanted to give you a better idea of what to expect.

John

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have participated in this event a couple of times before. It's HARD, but a complete blast at the same time. You work as a two vehicle, 4 person team. In the past, there have been some wheeling involved for sure, but there's lots of other tasks to make you guys work as a team. You need to be able to work well and communicate well AS A TEAM. Tasks include stuff like first aid challenges, showing how well prepared you are for mechanical failure, winching challenges, etc. If you have a virgin/straight FJ cruiser and are worried about body damage, I honestly don't know if I'd be entering it, as I have yet to escape once without some damage. You also need your GPS skills to be VERY STRONG. Don't let me talk you out of doing this event if you're interested, just wanted to give you a better idea of what to expect.
I'm a little confused on the virgin and straight thing here, John. :rofl:

-- Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts