Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an ongoing list of known existing TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) for the'07 and '08 FJ Cruiser.

If you know of any TSB's, please post the TSB number, a brief description of the problem/fix and any links that detail the TSB in this thread. They will be added to this continually-updated list. Thanks.

And, if you see a TSB that applies to a problem that you're having with your FJ, contact your dealership with the TSB number for more details.

BR8005 - Front brake noise while in reverse.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/60268-brake-noise-when-reverse.html

DL003-07 - Front and rear differential gear oil specification change.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/maintenance-tech/60405-differential-gear-oil-tsb.html

EG050-07 - Oil leak from front timing cover.

BO007-07 - Access door water leak.

NV001-07 - Inside door handle creak.

AX006-06 - Roof rack rattle noise.

AX002-07 - Gap Between Front Bumper Fascia and Skid Plate (Skid plate shim kit).

06V235000 (Recall) - Tire Inspection/Replacement.

AU002-06 - Poor sound quality for satellite radio.

PA003-07 - Paint-Colors/Scratch resistance & anti-acid paints.

AU004-07 - Audio system-Noise when using an external device.

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if this is a TSB or not but I do know A LOT of questions have been asked about the premium fuel requirement
View attachment 23478
Dave, I think that currently falls more into the category of a end-user advisory or an Operators Manual addendum (rather than an actual "TSB"). However, it probably should've been issued as an official TSB.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Steve, isn't there also a service bulletin for the fender well bulging/cracking problem?

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, isn't there also a service bulletin for the fender well bulging/cracking problem?
I'm not sure, Larry. There very well might be. I didn't have time to go hunting through the bulging/cracking thread, so hopefully bernd, cruiserlarry or someone will chime in on this.

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,804 Posts
Steve,

At this point we still have no TSB, but someone just got apron braces installed by Toyota. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve, thanks for the info, great stuff, just bought an 08. Question, what are the minimum suggested items for a once or twice a year desert run in So Califorinia and Mx for a very consertvitive drive, no Rubicon, etc. mostly sand washes. I know this is very general, but would like your advice on underbody protection on a prioritized basis for diff, trans, rock rails etc. If this is too vague, I apologize, don't have a large budget, but if you had to protect one item underneath, what would be your first choice, second choice, third choice. thanks for the help. I am not going to lift the FJ because of garage clearance issues, and will use 95% as a transportation vehicle 80% US, 20% Mx. thanks again

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hey Steve. Great thread. This has been something many people have been waiting for. Any other info or links that we can also check? Larry!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I took my '07 FJ 33k miles in today to Mac Toyota so they could have a look at my bulges. I have them on both sides. They said they were aware of the situation, so I must assume there has been a TSB issued. They will have the fix sometime in June and not to worry as the bulge is not a major structural problem even if it tears.

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question, what are the minimum suggested items for a once or twice a year desert run in So California . . . . . .
Since we're keeping this thread dedicated to TSB's, you might want to post up your question in either the Trail Use, Safety, and Education or Expedition/Camping Equipment forums so you can get a more detailed response.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :) :)

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Steve. Great thread. This has been something many people have been waiting for. Any other info or links that we can also check?
Thanks, Ace. :)

Yeah, anyone out there who's got any links and/or additional info on these listed TSB's, please let us know. :cheers:

I took my '07 FJ 33k miles in today to Mac Toyota so they could have a look at my bulges. They said they were aware of the situation, so I must assume there has been a TSB issued.
Yep, keep an eye on the http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/39106-attention-all-current-fjc-owners.html and http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/problems-dealer-service/33440-engine-bay-body-rips.html threads. Some answers about a TSB will likely pop up there first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a one day subscription to TIS for $10, ( http://techinfo.toyota.com ) and downloaded all of the 2007 & 2008 service bulletins in PDF format that apply to the FJ Cruiser. I don't see anything about the fender bulge/cracks as of today.

Most of them are revisions to previous ones and some are generic "all Toyota/Scion" TSBs. I'll put together a list in the next day or so, but I believe I'm not allowed to repost the full PDF files due to copyright on them according the subscription agreement with Toyota.

Frank

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I am not sure about the copyrights. I know that they used to publish all the TSBs on TundraSolutions. I think it would be fine if someone would put them up on here.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for creating this thread! It's most important to us all! I've not been as active as I want to be the past couple of months because I'm in Texas on dial up... My FJ is in MO cooling it's tires...

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
397 Posts
dose anybody know if there has ever been any tsb's on the uneven body height issue. I know I heard a rant about it a while back but never gave it any mind till now. I've been noticing it so i broke out a tape measure and sure enough I'm an inch and a half lower on the driver side.

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll put together a list in the next day or so, but I believe I'm not allowed to repost the full PDF files due to copyright on them according the subscription agreement with Toyota.
Hey Frank, even if you don't/can't post the entire PDF file for each TSB, the TSB number and a brief description would still be great. :bigthumb:

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've not been as active as I want to be the past couple of months because I'm in Texas on dial up... My FJ is in MO cooling it's tires...
Hey Dale, I've been wondering where you've been. Welcome back!! :cheers:

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dose anybody know if there has ever been any tsb's on the uneven body height issue.
Who knows if there will ever be a TSB for that. The infamous "FJ lean" has literally been around for over 50 years (starting with the FJ Cruiser's great-grandfather . . . the FJ40). :rolleyes: Almost like it's become more of a signature trademark rather than a defect. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts