Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
To read the original full thread and post questions/comments, please go to http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/20040-max-c-annoyance-fixed.html

10,000 miles and I still don't have the hang of the Max A/C function. Every time I want to vent cooler outside air I turn the dial just a bit too far and suddenly the air conditioning and recirculation kick on and I'm freezing and pressing buttons.

As someone said before: if want to turn on the A/C, I'll press the button, thank you.

So I ripped off the knob and looked at the back, and determined that if I built up a nub of hot melt glue on the stop, the knob would not turn to the point where the Max A/C function kicked in. It's a no-brainer but nobody has mentioned this here before (at least in my search).

Took me two tries to get just the right thickness, but it works like a champ. If I want Max A/C I turn the knob to where it now stops, then press the recirc and A/C; just like it was on my Tacoma. If all I want is cooler air, I flick the knob without concern that it will kick in A/C.

Now, someone is going to complain that the knob is not turning to its extreme so I'm not getting optimal cooling even after pressing both buttons. I doubt that is so; and it is plenty cold regardless. The hot melt glue may not hold up indefinitely but it is easy to reapply and a more permanent fix could be done with epoxy.

Edit: 14 months later, and fix is holding up great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.