Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toyota FJ Cruiser is 2 years and 3 months old. It has 59,000 miles on it.

I do not have a single mar in my windshield!! :eek: :huh:

·
Registered
851 Posts

oh boy, now you've done it. :worried:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You are truly blessed! Driving in the mountains of Colorado takes a toll on windshields. I have 7 cracks, 15 stars, and it is so pitted I can barely see out of it when the sun gets low. Getting it replaced next week. 21 months/66,000 miles

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are truly blessed! Driving in the mountains of Colorado takes a toll on windshields. I have 7 cracks, 15 stars, and it is so pitted I can barely see out of it when the sun gets low. Getting it replaced next week. 21 months/66,000 miles
Wow, you drive quite a bit. Yes, I think the saving grace is the shape and type of road gravel here versus there. We're more likely to get a busted window with rock salt that they put on the roads in the winter than we are a rounded pebble (pea gravel-esque). Your windshield has obviously taken even MORE of a beating than when I saw it in Ouray last year :eek:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Some things are better left unsaid

·
Registered
499 Posts
you're screwed now, some chain of random events will unfold leaving you with a giant crack :p

quick you must appease the glass gods!

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! You have 59K miles? Nice! I hear ya about the windshield. No cracks here, but I live in a desert near the beach. I have no salt on the roads, just a LOT of rock/dirt trucks that I stay FAR away from.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The windshield gods are not going to be happy with this! :flame:

Congrats on making it that long - especially up there with all the salt from snow removal. My only blemish on my windshield is a pretty good star from running too close to a salt truck this past winter.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts

Must be protected by a mythical Dragon....

41,000kms (13 mths) - 2 full length horizontal cracks + 2 stars!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
14,000 mi. 5 months old. No cracks yet. Starting to get quite a bit of pitting. The damn thing should be cracked for the amount of rocks that hit it. I'm on one lane 55 mph roads with a lot of 18 wheelers, always behind one it seems. Bug's are my main thing, those roads I'm on are through the Mountins of Pa.,Bug's so big I think sometimes a bird hit the windshield.I'm going to buy stock in a glass cleaner Co.,. As long as they keep selling FJ's I should be rich in no time.......

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
29.5K miles

Windshield still intact.

windshield angel still sitting on the hood...

Must be protected by a mythical Dragon....

41,000kms (13 mths) - 2 full length horizontal cracks + 2 stars!
I don't think it's a mythical dragon. He has an actual mini-dragon that lives under the hood and flames rocks and debris that may be headed toward the windshield.

Yeah, I didn't really believe that either. Truth be told, I suspect he has a leprechaun riding shotgun. I suspect that he made up the dragon story to go along with his screen name. Everyone knows that the Chicago swamps are populated with little people. It also explains how his rig is always spotlessly clean. He's clearly enslaved one of the little people.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
you jinxed yourself, watch out for black cats too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts