Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other member's comments about the lack of visibility are straight on. I had to back out of the parking space, and I could barely see anything through the rear or side windows.

The front seat was roomy. I'm a big guy - pro footballer size - and I sat in the driver's seat comfortably. I really like how high it sits. I've been testing driving more "car-like" SUVs, and it was really nice to drive one that sits and rides like a truck. I wanted to take it off the road a little but the salesman wasn't game.

I'm shopping for fun vehicle for < $24K. I was disappointed to find that the entire dealer stock was "loaded" FJs - not a one for less than $29K.

While I was talking to the salesman about pricing, he mentions that there is a $2500 over MSRP markup because of the FJs popularity. I laughed at him, and said, "I won't be paying that."

So he's looking at how soon he can get a 4x4 AT in for less than $24K.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Yeah, don't pay the markup. These things can be had for MSRP at many, many dealers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
CastleHills4x4 said:
The other member's comments about the lack of visibility are straight on. I had to back out of the parking space, and I could barely see anything through the rear or side windows.

The front seat was roomy. I'm a big guy - pro footballer size - and I sat in the driver's seat comfortably. I really like how high it sits. I've been testing driving more "car-like" SUVs, and it was really nice to drive one that sits and rides like a truck. I wanted to take it off the road a little but the salesman wasn't game.

I'm shopping for fun vehicle for < $24K. I was disappointed to find that the entire dealer stock was "loaded" FJs - not a one for less than $29K.

While I was talking to the salesman about pricing, he mentions that there is a $2500 over MSRP markup because of the FJs popularity. I laughed at him, and said, "I won't be paying that."

You sure the $2,500.00 was not for the GOLD package. I mean it was in Plano.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It started out at $5000 over when I purchased mine but it is plano there was a guy there willing to pay $7000 over but they did not have any in and you are right must have been gold package we need to sell them the platinum pachage after all it is plano.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
CastleHills4x4 said:

Look up the thread regarding the sale of a stock (no options) FJ. The guy decided to buy a 4 door truck and is offing the FJ. Only one I've seen so far. It was posted less than a week ago. Good luck!

I think he was only looking to get what he put into it...Under 25K for sure.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Too late. I got the fever and had to act.

Plano didn't have any 4x4s. I ended up leasing a Voodoo Blue 4WD AT fully loaded for $2000 under MSRP from Toyota of Lewisville.

Man, was it a miserable experience. We walked in at 4 PM and didn't get out until after ten. I went to the video store afterwards to take back a movie, and found that the finance officer left my license in the copier.

Why is it such a pain in the ass to get a new car? I guess if you just take whatever ridiculous numbers they first give you, the process would be much faster.

It took 3-4 hours; but I got them to come 2K off the sticker, and I got the interest rate down to 5.20%.

Oh, and after the hours of haggling, they have the nerve to give a hard sell on an extended warranty package. I wanted to choke that guy.

There's a road near Lake Lewisville that I've never been able to go down because it's too rough. I went up and down it twice last night at 2 AM.

I was able to get the fully loaded FJ now instead of waiting for something else by promising to my wife that I wouldn't mention the word "boat" for at least 3 years.

I've got my eye on a tri-hull "canoe" with a Mercury 120hp outboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts