Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone performed an OHM's test on the seat belt pre-tensioner to see if it has went off and is now bad? Passenger belt now locked up pulling out, but I can still manually roll it in with tensioner assembly removed from door. I have no dash warning light, no srs codes, or any codes. I've ohmed tested all door switches, seatbelt warning light works, as well as occupancy weight sensors. I suspect either explosive charge in unit has went off and initiated safety lock or the spring side has deteriorated and failed. Leaning toward the spring fail cuz no codes. I've disconnected all applicable connectors to inspect and reconnected. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
89 Posts
Has anyone performed an OHM's test on the seat belt pre-tensioner to see if it has went off and is now bad? Passenger belt now locked up pulling out, but I can still manually roll it in with tensioner assembly removed from door. I have no dash warning light, no srs codes, or any codes. I've ohmed tested all door switches, seatbelt warning light works, as well as occupancy weight sensors. I suspect either explosive charge in unit has went off and initiated safety lock or the spring side has deteriorated and failed. Leaning toward the spring fail cuz no codes. I've disconnected all applicable connectors to inspect and reconnected. Thoughts?
Well if you end up replacing the pre-tenioner check out Safety Restore. And use their E-Bay offer. Check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts