334 Posts
Coco Powder and Peanut butter....

The Jalapeno Cheese Spread...

Good times

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the wheat bread with the PB and Jelly. The dessert bars, cakes, and many of the entrees and sides aren't too bad either. I've tried several and have some stored away. I usually have some in my bag in the vehicle too, but I need to replace them.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I like the spice cake.....so does the cat...put the spice cake down for two seconds and he was all over it.....meowing it down so to speak....

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the spice cake.....so does the cat...put the spice cake down for two seconds and he was all over it.....meowing it down so to speak....
I thought it had a good flavor, but it was a bit dry. The carrot cake was even drier.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
My Dad brought back boxes from the war in the Pacific all packed in tins, used it as food for backpacking during the 70's. It was eatable but thats not saying much when your talking about a hungry teen age boy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm surprised with the outcome. Nice to know all of mine are still eatable, always wondered when the actually cutoff point would be. Not too worried about that now. I wonder if these were all military MRE's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
MRE are not too bad, when you are hungry. I liked the C-rations that preceded them.
5 year shelf life if stored as the manufacture suggests.
Not so long if you keep them in the back of car, those I'd rotate them yearly.
If the bag is in any way bloated like it is under pressure just toss it, one of the packages inside has ruptured and you now have a science experiment inside, not a meal, ready to eat.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have a spare fridge in the garage and that's where I keep my MREs. The literature says their good for 60 months if kept below 60 degrees.....I'm keeping mine just above freezing at about 36 degrees so we'll see if they'll outlast me. I've had them for 6 years and opened one up about a month ago. Tasted as good as an MRE will taste. Nothing dried out or spoiled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts