Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Our club always runs 4 and if the channel is busy we go to 16 (4 x 4).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ch 4 is the standard for NH offroaders. I like the idea of a standardized channel. If I see an FJ with an antenna, I get on 4 and make an attempt at contact.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I've thought about this too. Even though (like Lee) I don't normally have it on or the antenna plugged in, I think it would be cool to have a channel that everyone in the area (or, maybe just an FJC channel; regardless of state or area) could check in on if they see another one go by or whatever.

When we're on road trips or going up into the mountains for the day, I put mine on, turn the squelch way up (so I'd only hear stuff from folks that are pretty close on the highway), and leave it on 'scan'.

That way, if anyone ever sees me and wants to get my attention, it won't matter what channel they call out on as long as they keep at it for a few seconds or so. :rocker:

Seems like most folks around here in CO use 7....sometimes 4 (which is usually my alternate).

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
1. Rarely do I have the mic/antenna on, unless I'm on a group trip/trail run or cross country traveling.

2. There's no predicting which channels are actually going to be free. Ironically 5 -8 have people on them all the time in the Heights. Guessing some local warehouses/trucks use them as their standard channel.

Guess I'm in the same boat as Lee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts