Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
I had to update this LITTLE MAP showing the following locations, this isn't a complete list of places but is meant as a go by for helping you plan your trips.

A. Satan's Playground, Juno, TX
B. Katemcy Rocks, Mason, TX
C. Hidden Falls Adventure Park (fka. Bounder Creek), Marble Falls, TX
D. Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch, Bryan, TX
E. Spring Creek Off-Road Park, Spring, TX
F. General Sam's, Huntsville, TX
G. Shilo Ridge, Alto, TX
H. Bridgeport ORV Park
I. Barnwell Mountain, Gilmer, TX
J. Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
I made the above noted addition to this LITTLE MAP showing the following locations, this isn't a complete list of places but is meant as a go by for helping you plan your trips.

C. Cline Ranch Offroad Park, San Antonio, TX
D. Hidden Falls Adventure Park (fka. Bounder Creek), Marble Falls, TX
E. Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch, Bryan, TX
F. Spring Creek Off-Road Park, Spring, TX
G. General Sam's, Huntsville, TX
H. Shilo Ridge, Alto, TX
I. Bridgeport ORV Park, Bridgeport, TX
J. Barnwell Mountain, Gilmer, TX
K. Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
That is why I just updated it yesterday.

I made the above noted addition to this LITTLE MAP showing the following locations, this isn't a complete list of places but is meant as a go by for helping you plan your trips.

F. Spring Creek Off-Road Park, Spring, TX
G. General Sam's, Huntsville, TX
H. Shilo Ridge, Alto, TX
I. Bridgeport ORV Park, Bridgeport, TX
J. Barnwell Mountain, Gilmer, TX
K. Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR

·
Registered
172 Posts
For the national park I agree with you from what I have read. The state park appears to be much more of an offroad location based on the pictures and writeups I've seen. Either way thanks for putting together the updated list.
I've been to the state park a few times before. The roads are a lot different than these "offroad" parks. They are simply old unmaintained ranch roads from forever ago. The roads are very narrow and there is minimal climbing, but when there is it is mainly just a wash you have to drive through. More likely there will be miles of narrow bumpy road through the desert and mountains, and the occasional 25 foot wash to drive through.

It is really fun though. The country out there is beautiful. It is an amazing experience if you have never been. To anyone who would like to go here are my suggestions:

1. bring 1-2 spares (8 ply minimum)
2. bring a shovel (1 per friend that went with you) and plan on using them :)
3. bring lots and lots of water
4. bring a camera :)
5. go in the winter (70 in the day and 30 at night)
6. make a trip to Terlingua and sit on the porch while the sun sets on the chisos

I want to go again already :)

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
UPDATED:

I made the above noted subtraction to this LITTLE MAP showing the following locations, this isn't a complete list of places but is meant as a go by for helping you plan your trips.

F. General Sam's, Huntsville, TX
G. Shilo Ridge, Alto, TX
H. Bridgeport ORV Park, Bridgeport, TX
I. Barnwell Mountain, Gilmer, TX
J. Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just traded my truck for a FJ and I have only gone off roading on a dirtbike at Einshower State park in sherman tx. I am dying to get out and play. where is a good place free or cheap, with some fun trails to play. nothing to hard please, i still use my FJ as a primary mode of transportation.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
New addition? Texas Trail Links

I ran across this place that looks like a good time. I didn't see it on the map, unless it's been renamed since the map was made. If not, here's some more info on it if you want to add it:

Trees Ranch Off Road Park

GPS coordinates for entrance to property: N29 55.293' W099 51.832' and here's the page from their website with detailed directions

One of the YouTube vids I found:

Based on their trail map there's a good variety of trails for different skill/mod levels. this page has separate links for front & back of trail map as well as a link for a YouTube account that has other vids for this location.

They hold special weekend events throughout the year...unfortunately, the last one for this year falls on the same weekend as WTF. I guess this place will go on my "wish list" for places to visit/weekend trips :).

21 - 40 of 70 Posts