Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 763 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting to do a Texas and surrounding state wheeling event.

Let see what ideas and places we can come up with.

A place that would be family friendly so we can camp and hang out.

I'm thinking of may be a holiday weekend to get in two days worth of wheeling and do it in about 3-4 months to give people time to save up and plan for it.

Any ideas.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: Texas Wheeling Event.

MIGZ I like where your head is at, giving some notice is a good idea and in 3months or so it might actually be cool enough to camp. I am watching this thread.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

MIGZ I like where your head is at, giving some notice is a good idea and in 3months or so it might actually be cool enough to camp. I am watching this thread.
X2! And by that time, I'll have shed my dunFlops for some A/Ts!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

I have been looking forward to a Katemcy trip. I'll see if i can wrangle together some more FJ's from the Louisiana area. Maybe one jeep as well.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

I have been looking forward to a Katemcy trip. I'll see if i can wrangle together some more FJ's from the Louisiana area. Maybe one jeep as well.
Jeep? Saigonsmuggler coming? :rofl:

It's before the October 15 income tax extension deadline, so I won't be able to make it. If Columbus day weekend does not work out, I suggest going about a week or two later.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

Jeep? Saigonsmuggler coming? :rofl:

It's before the October 15 income tax extension deadline, so I won't be able to make it. If Columbus day weekend does not work out, I suggest going about a week or two later.
J-thompson. He posts on the Louisiana thread occasionally. He gives us heads up on most of the trail rides going down. He just happens to drive a heep. I remember him saying that he wanted to go to Katemcy a while back though.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Would love to make this Katemcy meet, I have not been there as of yet. This run in Boulder Creek this weekend is going to be my last bit of wheelin' for a while as I get ready to have my next hip surgery. I'll be all "Tiny Tim" for several months afterwards, no wheelin' or much less driving for this guy:mecry:

·
Registered
83 Posts

Just remember Oct 11 is TX-OU weekend, so be sure not to schedule it then. Pretty much a national holiday.

HOOKEM!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

I'm getting stoked about this trip! Are people going to camp out or should we get a block of rooms at a nearby hotel?

·
Texican
8,570 Posts

If it's Katemcy I suggest camping but if it's really hot there is a place right down the road, Lindsay Ranch Guesthouses, they have the Cabin on the creek and the Mason Mountain Manor which are about 5 miles down the road from Katemcy.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I'd suggest camping. If you want hotel rooms, Junction or Llano may be your options. I'm not sure what kind of accommodations they have in Mason, TX. Unless you consider a Dairy Queen parking lot 'luxury'.

Maybe we could wheel two different parks!

Tree's is about 1hr drive:

TreesRanch.com

Long Ranch is about 45mins:

longranch.org

Might be cool to camp night one at Katemcy, wheel all day, drive to Llano or Trees, camp night two, wheel all day, drive home.

A true Texas adventure. Enchanted Rock is out that way, if you wanted to see a landmark.

Also out that way is the YO Ranch, which used to host a national Jeep Jamboree. I worked at the YO for years. Don't know if they do any more events, but we might be able to rustle something up.

1 - 20 of 763 Posts