Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so FJ is not perfect. Fender bulges, weak rear differential, lousy ABS, stupid suicide doors, and of course the wimpy horn...

But...

In perspective, I think we all owe Toyota a big "Thank you" for bringing us an affordable, capable, reliable, safe, true-4x4 SUV that is way above any competition (at least in the same price-range).

Anybody disagrees?

·
Registered
348 Posts
OK, so FJ is not perfect. Fender bulges, weak rear differential, lousy ABS, stupid suicide doors, and of course the wimpy horn...

But...

In perspective, I think we all owe Toyota a big "Thank you" for bringing us an affordable, capable, reliable, safe, true-4x4 SUV that is way above any competition (at least in the same price-range).

Anybody disagrees?
Yeah, I disagree- my FJ doesn't have fender bulges, the rear diff works just fine as does the ABS and I think the suicide doors are unique and cool (like my old Tundra access cab.) As for the horn- I'll give you that one but a $30 mod took care of that. I've owned half a dozen 4x4's over the years and the FJ is far and above the best one yet- with stock suspension and tires.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
X2. In spite of its many (yet tolerable) shortcomings, Toyota did a bang-up job of bringing us the FJ Cruiser. :cheers:

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Yes, Thanks Toyota for having created the funnest vehicle I've ever owned! :clap:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Out the box... nothing beats the FJ.

I can tell the Rubicon guys are jealous by the same stupid joke they always say when I show up the my favorite brewery..."Gonna get hooks up front so I can pull you up?"
I just smile and keep offering to go wheeling, but they never seem to have time.

I love my FJ and my tagline below holds true!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah, I disagree- my FJ doesn't have fender bulges, the rear diff works just fine as does the ABS and I think the suicide doors are unique and cool (like my old Tundra access cab.) As for the horn- I'll give you that one but a $30 mod took care of that.
x2 that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts