Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I'm sitting on the plane in Montrose.

I just want to thank everyone for another great year. I'm not ready to go back to Boston yet!

Safe travels everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
well I'm sitting on the plane in Montrose.

I just want to thank everyone for another great year. I'm not ready to go back to Boston yet!

Safe travels everyone!
Nay, Nay, Nay...I thank YOU and Seth, Tim and all the others (sorry that I don't recall/remember/know all of your names) who worked so hard to pull this together again.

How much pull you guys must have to arrange Black Bear Pass to be opened the day/night before is incredible. Our morning run on Thursday over the pass with Tim was beautiful on the "green" trail. The next day on California Gulch/Corkscrew with Ron was just as amazing since we hadn't been on that side of the valley before. Then, to finish it all off with Imogene with Connor put a very nice end to the trail runs.

The meals went off well, the best being the last before the raffle. And, how can I complain with the raffle results, winning a rear bumper from Demello which I promptly swapped gifts with Frogeye since I already had one of Jason's fine rear bumpers and Frogeye had something I could use in trade.

All in all, you and "the team" are the ones to be thanked.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Mtbcoach is right! All the organizers did an awesome job!!!! Both Summits were great. I don't know which I look forward to most, Christmas or the Summit. OK, Christmas, but the Summit is awesome. Everyone needs to go, so start planning now. Thanks again everyone! MT

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
even though I didnt win a thing I can say that was one of the best vacations. Even though im stuck in Denver with a messed up transmission everything was worth it! not kidding. Cant wait for next years event and thankyou to everyone who made this happen!

·
fka GW193
1,392 Posts
Thank you, sir...and Tim, Seth, Jason, Ty, and all the others who made this absolutly the best vacation I have ever had. I didn't win a thing at the raffle, but I feel like I won many new friends that I will always remember. Thanks to the trail teams and sponsors for thier parts in making a memorable event. Looking forward to next year.
Thanks all,
GW

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Thank you Jason,Seth,tim,ty and all the other people behind the scenes to put on another great summit.hats off to all of you,I'll see ya later.
Rudy
P.s
Thank you also to the sponsors of the summit,you guys gave away lots of great stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I was terrified of what my wife would think about the summit. It was her first off-road adventure and our central vacation of the year. If she hated it I knew it would be FJ struggles from here on out.

She is already planning next years return and thinking about booking a room where we can bring our dog to meet the others. We got skunked in the raffle but had a ton of fun yelling and cheering for those that scored. I even got her to drive on the 2nd day. She's terribly afraid of heights, but she figured out how to deal.

Thanks Jason for you did and those that read this thread that contributed, thank you also. My wife is impressed, and 10 times more interested in what I'm doing to the FJ.

Be good.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
X2 a thousand times over to all the kudo's above!!!

Jason, you guys did an outstanding job!!!

We appreciate you and thank you!

cheers,

dale and shirley

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Jason,
Thank YOU, and everyone who helped make the Summit possible. Next year, I will NOT show up late!! You all did an exceptional job and can't be thanked enough.
Looking forward to next year....

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
What can I say, but echo the others' comments! Fantastic organization, great vendors, lots of fun folks to meet, great food. In all, a great time, in the perfect place for wheelin'! Thanks Jason & all of the volunteers (whom all I didn't get the chance to meet personally) for a fantastic time.

About the raffle, I kept thinking all weekend long, "I really need sliders, I really need sliders", and thanks to the generosity of Metal Tech, I now have some! Awesome sliders, guys!

Sorry ya got skunked, Gordon. I was gonna give you one of my sliders, but it just wouldn't look right with only one, buddy... :) You're right though, it was all for a good cause, and I would have been happy not winning anything at all, but just got lucky.

Athena & Bill, y'all are nuts (and I mean that in a good way, really), and thanks for leading us on Engineers and Cinnamon! And, kudos for strapping Tomas to Lake City when his rear diff broke. That's what it's all about, helping out a fellow wheeler when it matters most! I just hope Tomas got his rig back in time to do another run at a trail before he and the family had to leave Ouray.

Looking forward to next year, guys!

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Jason, you are thanking US? All we did was show up, meet old and new friends, pig out on the great meals, check out all the great vendors and their stuff and go on some of the most outrageously beautiful 4 wheelin' roads in the country. There is truly NO WAY we can thank you enough for all that you and the rest of your team did to pull this off.
We're exhausted, but happy, and hope that everyone else is also!

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Thank YOU, Jason, and the other organizers for putting on a great event. It was great to meet many of the forum members and put faces with names. I will do everything I can to make it again next year, even though the drive across the flatlands really sucks. Hmmm, they could always use another good professional woodworker in Colorado, right ? The San Juans are a great hidden gem and I will be sure to share my many photo memories with everyone I can. Thanks again.

·
fka fatbrat40
2,489 Posts
My thoughts are that this year at the summit was awesome..thanks to all of the organizers and the those that helped make this a great event!! the meals were outstanding, the vendors IMO went overboard to make this event over the top. I enjoyed tail gunning with 007 ( our fearless leader and great tour guide) on Alpine loop..Thanks to Terahex for loaning me an antenna after losing mine on our first run of the summit..thanks goes out to Mark with Metal Tech he allowed me to drive the FJ Crawler ( Marlin Crawler unit) and also he allowed my Wife to drive as well..To my brother who bought me a side M-Pac
rack for my B-day..and of couase the Trail Teams once again did a awesome job of showing us a great time :clap::rocker::bigthumb::cheers:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yes, a very big thank you to you Jason, Seth and all the others. I had a great time, and I hope you all did as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would also like to add a Thank You to all the volunteers/organizers. Your hardwork was noticed. This was our first summit to attend but definetly not the last. We had so much fun visiting beautiful Colorado, making new friends and doing the trails... can't wait for next year!!! Thanks again!

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife and I had a great time. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for doing a wonderful job. We can't wait to do it all over again next year.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Jason, I have to echo everyone else here and say that we thank YOU! You, Tim, Seth, Ty (and of course Kim, Halley, and Kristin) did an EXCELLENT job of making everything run as smoothly as possible. Thanks to all of the other volunteers, trail leaders, tailgunners, and of course all of the new friends we all made for making this an outstanding experience!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts