Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The dust has settled on FJ Summit 13 and I'm taking a moment to thank everyone, on behalf of our crew of organizers, for making this another great year. Our planning was caught in a haze of uncertainty as the event got closer and closer while few trails were getting opened by the dozers. I was particularly concerned about where we would send runs to, whether we could get approval for alternate routes . . . and whether participants would be happy with the new routes.

Anyway, while everyone played a part, I want to thank TY in particular as we did a couple of preruns to start the week and dove right into planning alternative routes. We worked to come up with some new routes, combine some trail groups, spread groups throughout the days, monitor it all day-to-day and send out texts/emails as necessary in an attempt to keep attendees informed. :clap:

THANK YOU to everyone in attendance for helping to make it all run remarkably well (and with no major issues) considering all of the closures/new routes and THANK YOU to all the trail leaders that didn't revolt when they were asked to run routes that were different from what they signed up to lead.

We realize that not everyone was completely happy with the alternative routes but we had limited choices and, well, you have to play the hand you are dealt. We were able to get everyone out on the trails and that was a big accomplishment. It is a reminder, once again, that "you'll come to the Summit the first time for the trails but you'll keep coming back to see your friends".

While this was a real test of last minute planning and organization, looking forward I think it will help us route groups to further reduce trail congestion/minimize overlaps and spread our traffic more evenly across this beautiful landscape.

Anyway, as always, we appreciate seeing everyone that could make it out to Ouray and look forward to making Summit 14 better than ever !

James, Ty, Seth, Matt, Jonathan, Chris, Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
This was the third summit my son and I have been to, and we both had the best time yet. Thanks for all you guys do to put this event together. Looking forward to next year!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I do a lot of dirtbiking and we usually plan to do more than we actually are able to do. One of my riding buddies refers to this as "leaving some meat on the bone" for next time we get to ride that particular area.

For all those newcomers, it sounds as if they "left some meat on the bone" to be enjoyed next time they get to the San Juans. It's also pretty cool they got to see some of the effects and real world conditions that some of our ancestors dealt with in the mining era. If I recall correctly, the Tomboy mine up there on Imogene was largely destroyed by avalanches.

I have great respect for those pioneers who traveled across the country by horse, wagon or foot and then tried to make a go of life in the Colorado mountains. Not for sissies.

·
Registered
118 Posts
THANK YOU to all the FJ Summit staff and volunteers for your hard work and dedication in putting this great event together each year - there are hundreds of us out here that appreciate this!
This was my second FJ Summit and loved every minute. Looking forward to Summit 14!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
James, so sorry I did not make it this year. Truck was just in too many pieces to make it this year. I suppose I could have driven my Canyon, but thought about it and decided that would not be right. I know how hard you guys worked to put this event on, and the stress it caused everyone. Thank you for doing all that you do to make every Summit an experience of a life time for most!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts