Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been a member of this forum for almost 6 years. I have not posted much but I have learned a lot and I have been able to help out a couple of members along the way. I have never posted pictures of my FJ as it wasn't what most here would consider a "proper" FJ. My FJ was built to be different than all the rest and reflected my tastes, more of a show vehicle than an off-road one. I did post the FJ here for sale and I was surprised that I did not get a single negative comment about how it looked. Of course I didn't get any positive ones either, in fact there wasn't a single comment posted??? I cannot say that about the Facebook FJ group I was a member of as well. The comments there were so annoying that I finally turned off the comments all together. I would like to thank this forum for being above that, or maybe the moderators just have beaten you all into submission! Either way I have enjoyed being a member and I have enjoyed my FJ for the last 6 plus years.

I bought my FJ at a time in my life when I was dating someone with 2 kids. The car I had at the time, a heavily modified Mercedes CLK55 AMG, had very little room for them. While I have enjoyed building my FJ into what it became it was never enough to replace the car I sold. Time passes like it does and so do relationships. I found myself no longer in the relationship and no longer needing 4 seats. I made the mistake of test driving a Jaguar XKR recently, a vehicle I was looking at prior to the FJ purchase. Once I sat it in and heard that supercharged V8 the FJ was doomed. I have traded the FJ in and I have taken possession of a 2013 Jaguar XKR-S in French Racing Blue with only 20,000 miles. I felt much more at home in this vehicle in 3 days than I ever have in the FJ. The FJ was a wonderful vehicle. How many cars can you sell for nearly what you paid for them 6 years and 35K miles ago? I know I may have sold an asset and purchased what may well be a liability, but this is my secondary vehicle and I have added a 4 yr 48K warranty just in case!

So I guess it is time to say good bye, but before I do, I would like to thank this forum, it's members and moderators for being a great source of information.

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,419 Posts
Nice words, thank you. Sorry the FJ didn’t turn out to be the car for you but glad it served you well.(BTW I like it, very unique and whilst not for the trails it suits it). The Jag is a lovely car. Wondered what they called that blue, (Volvo call it Rebel Blue) but by whatever name I like it. Have fun!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Your's is distinctive! Disappointing to hear that people elsewhere decided to make negative comments.
I think the FJ Cruiser appeals to people that want a capable vehicle with personality. From there we tweak it to make it our own - not every FJ need have a winch and brush bar. Oh well, that says more about them.

Like @Hannibal says you don't have to have an FJ to stop by. Also, remember, you can always buy another FJ!
Enjoy the Jag, look like fun too 😀

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have been a member of this forum for almost 6 years. I have not posted much but I have learned a lot and I have been able to help out a couple of members along the way. I have never posted pictures of my FJ as it wasn't what most here would consider a "proper" FJ. My FJ was built to be different than all the rest and reflected my tastes, more of a show vehicle than an off-road one. I did post the FJ here for sale and I was surprised that I did not get a single negative comment about how it looked. Of course I didn't get any positive ones either, in fact there wasn't a single comment posted??? I cannot say that about the Facebook FJ group I was a member of as well. The comments there were so annoying that I finally turned off the comments all together. I would like to thank this forum for being above that, or maybe the moderators just have beaten you all into submission! Either way I have enjoyed being a member and I have enjoyed my FJ for the last 6 plus years.

I bought my FJ at a time in my life when I was dating someone with 2 kids. The car I had at the time, a heavily modified Mercedes CLK55 AMG, had very little room for them. While I have enjoyed building my FJ into what it became it was never enough to replace the car I sold. Time passes like it does and so do relationships. I found myself no longer in the relationship and no longer needing 4 seats. I made the mistake of test driving a Jaguar XKR recently, a vehicle I was looking at prior to the FJ purchase. Once I sat it in and heard that supercharged V8 the FJ was doomed. I have traded the FJ in and I have taken possession of a 2013 Jaguar XKR-S in French Racing Blue with only 20,000 miles. I felt much more at home in this vehicle in 3 days than I ever have in the FJ. The FJ was a wonderful vehicle. How many cars can you sell for nearly what you paid for them 6 years and 35K miles ago? I know I may have sold an asset and purchased what may well be a liability, but this is my secondary vehicle and I have added a 4 yr 48K warranty just in case!

So I guess it is time to say good bye, but before I do, I would like to thank this forum, it's members and moderators for being a great source of information.
As others have said, you’re always welcomed here

nice truck BTW 👍🏼 👍🏼

dan

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
Shame you never did a build thread you have some cool stuff going on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts