Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to briefly thank Todd for his words at Saturday night's raffle. One of the most important elements of the Summit, for me at least, is keeping it a very human, humble event, no matter how big it gets.........and Todd's words added to that on Saturday night. I don't think I properly thanked him for adding to this on Saturday because I was so preoccupied by the raffle situation, but now that it's over I want to at least put the thanks out there...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more, Jason. The human nature stories that do come along with an event like this one are amazing. The FJ'ers are among an elite group of people. We don't just off-road together we are there when someone needs a helping hand. That's what we are all about.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Air2Air broke down on the trail and several people came forward to help him out. He didn't just break down, he did it in Air2Air style. He lost his CV's, Breaks, oil pan, etc. what did I miss??

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
If anyone has to thank Todd it's me. I'm just a kid but Todd let me crawl under his rig and help put it back together. I also have to thank Tim because he was awesome showing me how to do things. I'm sure it took him longer to get it back togetherbecause of me but he was really cool. I've said it before but I love this forum because people do not treat me like a dumb kid. So thanks Todd and Tim in believing in me. :) MT

·
Registered
452 Posts
Amen Jason! 100% correct! An event like this hopefully brings out the best in people (WOODY with the TT saved my butt, lending me his diff 3rd member) and the bond it create's will last forever!

Todd, well said Saturday night! My bond with Bernd, Dale, John, Jerry,Sharoun
and of course Woody, will always be remembered!

It's good to know that there are good people out there!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
I remember A2A feeling like he couldn't get close to a mic to make his brief statement, and I remember Jason responding quickly after a few words and hand-on-shoulder to get him his mic.

Todd's words were well chosen, accurate, and appropriate. Far from being an event about competition or egos, the summit is a fraternity/sorority of (mostly) great people using a great truck in a beautiful place.

For A2A to show the humility, good nature and good graces as he did in the wake of his breakdown is remarkable, and worthy of congratulations and thanks from the rest of us.

To the handful of naysayers and critics on this issue remaining: get a life, a clue, whatever. Todd is a rock star for reasons that go far beyond his vehicle.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
All you have to do is look at the pictures that are turning up in the forums (more please) to see that it's not a competition....Empty stockers and full out expedition equipped rigs all sitting side by side, parked on a mountain top while everyone congregates to laugh and talk about the last few hundred yards of trail..... It's all about the camaraderie....It just happens to revolve around a certain vehicle....

As much as it sucks to break down it didn't look like anyone wasn't able to smile....I can only imagine the ribbing that was going on....It all looked like fun to me....But then again I have enjoyed the "convoy" pics probably more than the trail pics....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice new avatar Todd....can you paint Dom's toenails fuschia or something? :D

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I don't think I would have handled the situation (had it happened to me) as well as A2A. To get up in front of that crowd and thank folks and express graditude when you suffered a bummer of a deal, shows how truly an upstanding person you are.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Wow... I was pretty drunk, and some people tell me I did go up there. Was it karaoke or something?
Dude, you are a riot!!
I do say we all were a bit moved by your words. You are truly an outstanding and well spoken member of this community. And if you truly were drunk I'm even more amazed. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I'm constantly impressed by the members of this forum and Todd's acknowledgment to those that aided him in his "time of need" left me even more impressed. His words were very eloquent and heart felt. He may try to write his emotions off as being a bit "buzzed" but after speaking to him after, I know that he was genuine in his words and feelings.

As I said that night, well done Todd...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well thank you very much you guys.

The point I had wanted to get across was that I had the best week of my life even though I got in about half of one trail run. For me this was an adventure about great people and a great human spirit, not the outdoors.

It's pretty hard to drive around looking for parts knowing that several guys, many of whom I don't know, are under my truck in the rain. You can't repay that by taking them out to dinner.

My day with Montana and Scully was also like being a nurse to the world's greatest surgeon. I told Amanda (Miss FJ) now I know why she married him.. and the accent too.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
If anyone has to thank Todd it's me. I'm just a kid but Todd let me crawl under his rig and help put it back together. I also have to thank Tim because he was awesome showing me how to do things. I'm sure it took him longer to get it back togetherbecause of me but he was really cool. I've said it before but I love this forum because people do not treat me like a dumb kid. So thanks Todd and Tim in believing in me. :) MT
That's freakin awesome. Thanks Todd!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Having been regaled over lunch that day by Todd's story of immense bad luck, and having had a front row seat for "The Speech", I can say with the utmost certainty that the man was speaking from the heart. You don't get THAT kind of nervous in front of a group of people unless you are putting you heart on your sleeve. The fact that he was willing to do so in our presence should be OUR HONOR.

Todd. You are a Gentleman. And truer words were not spoken during the Summit. Thank you for placing the trust in us that we would not only receive your message at face value, but also take the words read from that (sometimes shakey) sheet of paper for use to pay it forward in the future.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.