Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recently became a member, but have spent many months scouring this forum for stereo help. Well, 32 hours later my system is complete and I couldn't be happier with the results. This forum helped greatly since my last self install was 11 years ago in my Rav 4. A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER POSTED HERE.

Well on to the system:

I took a slightly different approach and employed a 5.1 surround sound. After hearing Dolby Pro Logic 2 music I was so amazed just had to do it.

JVC AVX 44 Kameleon Head Unit (Built In Dolby PL 2)
Infinity Reference 6.5" Components in front doors
Infinity Reference 4" Dash and Rear Pillers
Clarion Power Center Channel.
Alpine MRP-250 Amp suppling doors and bridged to sub
Pioneer 8" slim sub mounted in box and mounted on left rear deck
Kenwood 8" powered sub (recouped from my Rav 4)
Sirius doc and play installed via HU control. Great device control for my SL100 in docking station mounted in dash compartment.
Swic steering wheel control

My goal was drown out road noise with tight base and clean audio. I have achieved this in every way possible. Everyone who has heard the system is amazed.

OH and for good measure I had a Compustar Pro P2W9000FMR 2 way alarm system installed. Great investment in security since I did not have the Toyota system. Works as expected with great coverage.

Next project will be a CB and aux power fuse box.

Again, Thanks to all

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like an awesome audio system. Are the front door speakers you installed the 6022si model? I was looking at those as replacements too, but keeping the FJammer and trying to run them without an amp. Can you offer free advice?

I see these speakers at Crutchfield for $100 a set and they come with the connector adapters and some sort of mounting plate.

Thanks for posting your decisions and results.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The door speakers are 6020's ($199). I drilled holes and mounted the tweeters in the top of door level with handle. Great speaker with very loud output due to sensitivity. You would need an amp with these. I did buy them from crutchfield also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts