Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on I-20 westbound leaving my apartment just like 10-15 miles inside the Alabama state line, and I don't remember but what the people told me at the hospital was that I had hydroplaned across the median and my car spun around so my drivers side was facing oncoming traffic and I got hit as you can see in the driver's side by a Chevy Tahoe in the eastbound lanes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the guy in the tahoe called me up after i got discharged from the hospital to make sure I was alright, he didn't substain any injuries except a bruised rib, I had a concussion, broken collarbone, grade 2 ac sprain on my left shoulder and a ruptured spleen which caused internal bleeding.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Be thankful you are still here!

Heal well..............

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yeah, I had to lay in the hospital for a week so they could watch my spleen I was admitted on the 5th, but now im back on my feet, cant do any physical activities for 6-8 months though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man, Ive never seen a frame like that. Did the gas cap pop out from the impact?

Glad you were in a truck, not a smart car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha yes it did, and yeah, when I see those smart cars, I wonder why people drive them, because if I was in an accident in one of them I'd be dead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A: Holy Shnikeys
B: Glad you're ok
C: a smart car prob wouldn't have been much worse off for a few reasons, a couple being the cage built into them, the other being the tires are actually part of the side impact system. Whereas the frame/door took all the punishment on the Taco, the wheels would have likely absorbed a lot of the impact force.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts