Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'12 with MetalTech tube, XRC 9.5K, TRD exhaust, Fuel Vector 17", Audison/JL/Dynamat
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes,

I've been fighting rubbing issues with my 35" tire setup in all the usual ways... aggressive BMC, hammering body seams, trimming plastic, upgraded UCAs etc.

And the last tool in my arsenal has always been positive caster. I'm running SPC upper control arms for that reason... stock lowers. Just wanted you guys' opinions on this setup, as the rubbing is now almost completely dialed out. I have a bit more hammering to do, but that should clear it up.

+5 degrees of caster seems like a lot, but it's working and drives fine.

Thoughts on the caster or alignment setup generally?

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I am similar to that for years and have had do issues. I think when I first did it I felt like the steering may have SEEMED like it was a little twitchy. It was years ago and it seems just like any other car now. Remember some others will pick it apart and tell us how wrong we are but that's their deal. To keep it simple don't pay attention to them.

·
Registered
'12 with MetalTech tube, XRC 9.5K, TRD exhaust, Fuel Vector 17", Audison/JL/Dynamat
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I DID solicit feedback on the setup. :) Thanks for the note!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Been running 6 degrees of caster for many years. The only time I really notice it is in hard corners where that extra caster feeds in more steering than I'm inputting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts