Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone care to speculate as to whether or not there will be a 2010 model?

If they discontinue, I definitely want to buy another one this year.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Re: 2010 Model?

I would think they'd discontinue the sequoia before the FJ, but who knows. I certainly hope they keep making them for a few more years. A hybrid would make things all good :)

·
Registered
17 Posts

Here we go. ;)

No one will be able to know if they will discontinue the FJ anytime soon. Rumor has said that a redesign will come somewhere between 2010-2012... I doubt the FJ is going anywhere anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on it.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

I don't think they'll discontinue it, but if anything they might redesign it a little.:bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts

I would like to see Toyota make more FJ's with a 4x4 MT option. I would think that it would get around 22+ per gallon and offer leather as an option (because I have it and it is CHOICE).

·
Premium Member
639 Posts

Geez, we're not even into the '09 model year yet and already speculations on 2010? I really wish they'd just take all the suggestions from this forum and make a "super FJ" and leave it alone, but that's just me.

I give the FJ five production years, we'll see if I'm right

·
Registered
281 Posts

According to Auto Week's 2009 Buyers Guide, (just got it in the mail) in the listing for the new FJ, next to the title: "What's Next," it reads, "Death after just one generation."

Maybe word is out that the 2009 will be the last model year.

Anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

Personally, I don't see Toyota killing the FJ. Autoweek is reporting on a rumour that so far, Toyota corporate has not responded too.

·
Registered
143 Posts

If the AutoWeek article is correct and the FJ does not get a redesign, there should still be a 2010 model. Model runs are longer than three years. The 2009 model is only the third model year so a 2010 model seems likely. If sales drop dramatically, Toyota may pull the plug early but somehow I do not see that happening.

·
Registered
26 Posts

FWIW, I've seen some NEW 2007s still on the lots....But, I would have to trade my '07 for an '09 if they axe the FJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I stopped by a Toyota dealer yesterday to look at the FJ's, and the salesperson stopped and talked to me. He said that Toyota is doing a redesign for the 2010 model, can't remember if he said 'complete redesign' or not though,...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

If we were speculating on what the new redesign might be like...The trend leans towards 4 cylinders and better mileage.:clap:

Doc

·
Registered
200 Posts

So what is this HI LUX / Land Cruiser Thingy anyway?

2010 fj model should be:

Removable hardshell (bring back the old 4 runner style top w/Roll bars)
Sunroof--long overdue
Modular interior for truck bed style and removable seats
lots of vents for pets
Better MPH
Slightly longer for bigger back seat door and cargo area

ROOF ROOF or is it WOOF WOOF

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Re: The 2010 FJC

probably about 8 more months I'm guessing, they just did the 09 recently.

1 - 20 of 1149 Posts