Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Re: New 2010 FJ's available in June, 2009?!?!

The Prado platform, which is the base of the "small" Land Cruiser, the 4Runner, the Lexus GX470 and the FJ, was due for a re-design. So it is not surprizing that the whole Prado-based line-up will get get a review. I think the whole Prado-based line is made a single factory so the replacement across the whole line-up could happen simultaneously.
this.

the FJ cruiser is a modified prado 2 door chassis, so if the prado gets redesigned the FJ cruiser is effectively dead.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Re: Is the FJ coming back for the 2010-2011 lineup?

ouch...Snap!

I can appreciate that they did a lot of work etc etc but man what a ugly piece of s**t.

Personally it think it would be cool to bring back a new and improved FJ-40 V-8 turbo charged etc....
to be fair, the LC76 is the distillation and end result of toyota's land cruiser heritage. it's as japanese as it gets and is the last of the species.

the fj cruiser, lc200 and this fj runner are bastard children of corporate types, focus groups, and pubescent fawktards like this fast and furious import tuner who have never pulled the choke in a rusty land cruiser to fire it up on a cold morning to hear that familiar 2F idle.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

2011 "fj runner"

with factory front, rearl, and center lockers, manual locking front hubs, snorkel, and AC.

diesel standard.

oh, wait.

toyota USA is a douche company who is rushing the euro-friendly iQ to the market to compete with the "smart" car.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

I don'tcare how off road capable that thing is. It is god awfull ugly.
does the fj cruiser have a 360 greenhouse view of the surroundings. no, it's a black box of a football helmet.

does the fj cruiser have a 120 litre fuel tank? no, it has a 18 gallon sissy bladder that can barely make it over 250 miles, and that figure drops off road.

does the fj cruiser have front SAS? no, but you can get one at a huge expense, voiding of warranty, and sometimes iffy quality. if you can't, then suffer the joy of CV axles.

does the fj cruiser have locking front diff? no.

does the fj cruiser have a diesel V8 with enough torque to pull out a tree stump? no.

the american lc200 and fj cruiser have demonstrated that people don't need off road vehicles, they want to pose. those that do, buy fj cruisers and spend a fortune modifying them to get them on par with foreign market defenders, lc76s, and patrols.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

^^^ what he said!
an off road vehicle's last priority should be to look good.

they're meant to be utalitarian.

of the three the defender is the prettiest, followed by the patrol, then the lc76, albeit the 76 has a better looking butt than the patrol.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

No matter how much you post that hiddeous thing toyota calls a Land Cruiser, it will not magicaly become avaible. Deal with it.
then drop yours 2'', put on some 22''s and don't pretend to drive an off road vehicle.

i'll still have my FJZ80.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

So your basicly insisting that everyone who owns an FJC is some kind of poser? Cause only vehicles with SAS, and front lockers are off road capable right? Jeez. Get over yourself.
maybe.

the 80 with its wheezy inline six and heavy butt handles even technical trails out at eglin with little to no drama and all i've really done to it is lift it and put some K/O's on it.

i've run the same trails with the fj cruiser and it WILL do them, albeit with much more drama. it DOES make me seem more of a "wheeler" since stuff the 80 just plows over the FJ cruiser bounces and wiggles through despite having much more power and being lighter.

an SAS makes a world of difference, and it's why IFS sucks for everything but balls out 120 mph desert racing and driving to the local supermarket.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

Got an honest to God question here. Do you think a SFA would be a night and day difference and bridge the gap for the FJ to be on par with the FJ80, in your opinion? I am not being the least bit sarcastic, just want to know your opinion. I love the FJ80's, I wish they still sold them here. I would have still bought my FJ, because it's just fun, but I do like the 80s.:king:
it'd make the fj cruiser better because it's smaller, shorter, lighter, and more powerful than the 80 series.

i still have doubts about the fj cruiser's drivetrain bits as being more fragile than the over-engineered (read: HEAVY) stuff put on old land cruisers.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Re: 2010 FJ Specs.....bye bye Voodoo blue

I think we should wait till we see some power curves before we start throwing hissy fits. If The torque comes on at a bit lower RPM, then its worth it. And we don't need to here any of this
"Well it probably won't cause the HP is up."
Bottom line is we don't know yet. Give it a chance.
it won't.

not with a v6, anyway.

if they shoved an i6 under the hood, maybe.

all they're trying to do is squeeze more mpg out of the engine.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Re: 2010 4runner teaser shot

reminds me of the last generation 4runner reboot when they flew out the current ass-ugly 4runner to everest base camp and tried to hide its garish plasticky bodywork.

is it so damn ugly that toyota can only show us such a limited photo?

reminds me of myspace angles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts