Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Re: 2010 Model?

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on it.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Re: Maybe - August 2010 Release

My local Toyota (not sales) guy said he would expect to see the 2010 FJ's in Aug '09. He said info ought to start being released in April or May. I searched the inet for spy shots and haven't found any yet. I'm hoping someone finds them sooner than later so we can get some ideas on what the new design will be.
Are you waiting to buy a 2010 model? The 2009's only recently hit the streets.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Re: 2010 FJ Specs.....bye bye Voodoo blue

What engine mods are they doing to increase the HP by 20...?
Dual VVT, both on the intake and the exhaust just like the new 4.6L. This increases HP, can increase TQ and MPG as well depending on the programming. I don't understand why the numbers are different for the 4Runner 4.0L than the FJ's 4.0L.

Our current 4.0L has VVT capability only on the intake valves.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts

Wonder if we'll be able to apply these "new" updates to our tonkas, 20 HP would be nice ;)
As was mentioned in post #34 of this thread, most if not all the 20 HP comes from Toyota adding VVTi to exhaust side of the engine (and the ECM reprogramming to take advantage of it). I would bet money that no 'kits' would be available.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts

I agree that you disagree with me :lol:

Why do diesel engines generate torque more than gasoline ones?
Because diesel fuel burns more slowly than gasoline, it provides a 'longer' power stroke (pushing down on the piston for more degrees of crankshaft rotation) than a gasoline engine. Not to mention diesel fuel contains about 30% more btu's than an equivalent amount of gasoline.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Re: 2010 FJ has been ordered

I never understood Toyota and their color changes and choices. They should sell them all primer grey and let you choose. :)
X2, you should be able to choose any color that Toyota offers on any of their vehicles.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
This is SO weird. No Cyclone pre-filter on the air intake. The filter is moved to the fender. The airbox doesn't look connected to the outer fender in the pick but I could be wrong.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Hello, yes it is a 4WD. The dealer told me that most of the 4WD models come to this part of the country since we really need them here. I have attached the vehicle report that the dealer gave me on this FJ in case anyone is interested. Thanks!
Welcome Velocity,

Which part of the country are we talking about?

You may want to consider filling out your sig and banner.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
The other photos posted on this forum show it to be on the bottom now and a cartridge type of filter not the normal enclosed can type we are used to dealing with.

DEWFPO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts