Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: The 2010 FJC

This is what was said on a unrelated topic, hope its a glimmer of hope. I was so looking forward to some competition to the jeep unlimited 4 door.

FYI, when Toyota recently updated the look of their website, they stopped showing the '09 FJ info, and put the '08 info back up.
My response:

Wow your right......maybe a 2010 redesign is on the plate. I did see 2009 Fj on website when they released info, now that the 2010 rumors are back the website magically changes......:clap:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

Yes, as seen in other threads here, the 2010 will have 4 real doors instead of suicide doors.
Also more off road oriented than the current crop.

This info is what I have heard, we will just have to wait and see if it pans out that way.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Yes, as seen in other threads here, the 2010 will have 4 real doors instead of suicide doors.

This info is what I have heard, we will just have to wait and see if it pans out that way.
U gotta stop dude, its gunna start making me cry:mecry:

·
Registered
244 Posts

Hey Corey, where did you hear this from? I such at sensing sarcasm online :)

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

I answered in another thread too when I was asked this, I am not at liberty to reveal the name/source of the person.

I know, it sucks, I wanna tell more, but I promised.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I answered in another thread too when I was asked this, I am not at liberty to reveal the name/source of the person.

OK I'll take your word for it. But if we find out there are a few chains being jerked here I know a few guys that could get you on a milk carton pretty soon. Just kidding. :bigthumb:

Thanks for the veiled reassurance. I can't wait.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I heard the same in September, but it sounded like the FJ changes were related to the 4runner redesign, to increase commonality and reduce development costs. I also asked about the possibility of cancellation of the FJ, and didn't get an answer one way or another. I can't imagine Toyota investing in retooling a factory if the FJ keeps selling only 1500 units a month in the US.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe - August 2010 Release

My local Toyota (not sales) guy said he would expect to see the 2010 FJ's in Aug '09. He said info ought to start being released in April or May. I searched the inet for spy shots and haven't found any yet. I'm hoping someone finds them sooner than later so we can get some ideas on what the new design will be.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Re: Maybe - August 2010 Release

Any word on if there are any changes from the 2009's?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

i am guessing new frame design...hence dropping FJ Cruiser name and going to something else....maybe they will follow my FJ120 lead. :D :D

Better frame and solid body......four door.....but still may have clamshell doors but with windows that work....slightly longer body but basic design is same true to Toyota heritage.

That would be my guess....or more like my wishes. Ohhh...offered in diesel or small block v8 :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts

My local Toyota (not sales) guy said he would expect to see the 2010 FJ's in Aug '09. He said info ought to start being released in April or May. I searched the inet for spy shots and haven't found any yet. I'm hoping someone finds them sooner than later so we can get some ideas on what the new design will be.
Are you waiting to buy a 2010 model? The 2009's only recently hit the streets.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

Have to watch the '09 auto show circuit.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Re: Spy Shot of 2010 FJ

:lol::rofl::lol:

I was expecting to see a photo of "nothing" since the FJ is going away............

This is even funnier. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

WTF?? You can't even sleep in it! Well, I guess you could. :lol:

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts

Now that is some upgrade I wonder if there will be a TT edition

·