Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

Registered
Video!

A boring video of me driving in the Mojave desert. This is the first time I tried using my drone's Follow Me function to follow the FJ as it drove.
Follow me first attempt - YouTube

Here's another drone test where I went out the drone and let it hover while I drove. Again in the Mojave.
Mojave Driving - YouTube

This is a Go Pro mounted on top my FJ as I drove Long Canyon Trail in Moab
Long Canyon Trail Moab UT FJ Cruiser 032417 - YouTube
Drone footage looks great. I just bought a DJI Mavic Pro and am learning to fly it.
We are looking forward to having it follow the FJ on our trips.

Registered
Discussion Starter #62
Today I drove Webster Pass, from Grant to Keystone, Colorado. There was one very narrow section of shelf road where I thought I was too wide and was going over the edge. It was the hairiest moment I've ever had behind the wheel. This stretch made Black Bear Pass seem like cruising at the mall. I had my driver's side high on the cliff face so I was at a 20 degree angle according to the gauge on top the dash, and my passenger tires were on the very edge and kept going off the road surface. It was only about 3 car lengths that I was driving like that but I was worried!

When I got to Keystone I went over Loveland Pass, which is one of the highest mountain passes in Colorado and has been on my bucket list for a while. Loveland Pass is paved all the way and the summit was very crowded with people so I didn't get a picture next to the Continental Divide sign up there. I'll have to go back on a weekday for the photo.

Registered
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I now have Rigid D2 Hyperspots on the cowls, D2 amber floods on the bumper, and a Rigid 10" E Series light bar on the fairlead mount. Here are some photos of my lighting in use.

They are DRL, low beams, high beams, amber floods only, D2 Hyperspots only, and 10" lightbar only. The last one is everything. For reference, that sign in the distance is a sign saying parking is alowed there. It's about 6"x6" and about 100 yards away.

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
With most of Colorado either on fire or under fire restrictions, I went north this weekend to the Black Hills of South Dakota. No off-roading, but a fun road trip with camping in the Black Hills National Forest.

Look through the tunnel behind the Mule:

Registered
Discussion Starter #80
Great pics! :cheers:

So how'd the stinger hold up after the nose dive into the Abyss?

Need more lights? ;)
I haven't talked to Resz yet but I need to. That stinger saved me, I'm sure of it. I would have ended up on my roof without it. The full story of that experience follows:

61 - 80 of 110 Posts