Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a nice run in with some boulders, I decided it was time to start looking for some LCA's that could take a beating and then some...

In steps these...the answer to my LCA woes....Wes (Froggystyle) built only a few sets of these and has no plans on building more due to the insane amount of work involved.

From the WeldMaster himslef:
They are .250 wall 2" square tube steel, CNC cut and contoured to length and welded on a jig I built. Each end is a 2.5" Currie Industries "Johnny Joint" with 30 degrees of articulation, and then powdercoated. Arms are 9/32" longer than stock to accommodate a pinion angle correction for a 3" lift in the rear at ride height. Should quiet down the drivetrain and help with angle and articulation.
They have also been powdercoated to match the Total Chaos suspension parts.

These things should be absolutely bulletproof...I'll be installing mine this weekend, along with Outrider link armor.

Here are a few pics of the build process, and the final product.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Damn Matt! You really did a # on that stock link. Your new ones look great! Pretty close to what I built.

P1010589 by cnckart, on Flickr
I only did a few sets because of the insane amount of work.:lol: Looks great! Those things will be bomb proof.:cheers:

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
:blueblob:How do I order? :blueblob:
In steps these...the answer to my LCA woes....Wes (Froggystyle) built only a few sets of these and has no plans on building more due to the insane amount of work involved.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I'm sure he would love to indulge on hammering out some sets to us members if the price is right! :bigthumb:

Any takers? What about one offs? I'll pay...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't want to step on any toes, but anyone who is interested in getting into absolutely the last run of these can drop me a PM.

I am building my own UCA's and Panhard bar next, so I will be jocked up to build some more of these arms, and can spread the expense out over multiple units.

Let me know via PM, and I will contact anyone on here who expressed interest right now...

Wes

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
oh my gawd those are sexy and i really like the tfr sticker lol

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i just found ths thread and imagine i am too late to the party....will pm you tho just in case...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Mmmmmm, damn. Wrong time again (lifted Wife's FJ, Camburg front UCAs, new tires, gears coming for mine). I've seen a lot of manufacturing, and am impressed with his work. Also seems to be a real stand up guy with the PMs I've had with him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts